85

Copyright © MonMoncheese
All Rights Reserved
85 Updated 04.30.2023
•••

"He's not okay; he just hopes she is doing okay." -Unknown

JAMES

Styling my wavy hair to the side, I take one last look at the mirror before nodding in approval. From the reflection of the mirror, I can see Theo currently sitting on the bed watching me get ready for today. There is a toy next to him, but he doesn't seem to be fazed by it as he continues to stare at my back with curious eyes. Turning away from the mirror, I make my way to the edge of the bed and lean down to his level. "Hey, buddy. Are you hungry?"

Theo's ears perk up at my question, and I grin knowing that I have his full attention. "Do you want food?" At the mention of food, he stands up on all fours and wiggles his tail at me. The excitement is visible in his eyes, and I have to stand straight when he starts barking at me for the foot.

"Alright, stay here. I'll be back." I lift my index finger and just hold it in the air to make sure that he understands.

When he doesn't make a move to get down from the bed, I walk away from the bed and pick up the empty bowl that sits next to my desk.

Walking out of my room with the bowl in my hand, I leave the door ajar in case Theo decides to leave.

Not wanting to keep him waiting, I pass the hallway and hurry down the stairs. The house is oddly quietly today and that's probably because only Alec and I remain here with Theo, making me wonder why aunt Evelyn has such a big house with so many rooms for just one person.

Reaching the bottom stairs, I enter the pantry and walk towards the bag of food. Grabbing the cup measurer, I only pour the necessary amount before dropping the cup measurer back inside the bag and closing it. Stepping into the kitchen, I place the bowl over the marble counter and open the refrigerator. Reaching for the glass tupperware, I take it out and place it next to the bowl. Removing the lid, I grab a spoon from the drawer and use it to scoop some shredded chicken into Theo's bowl. Once I'm done, I wash the spoon and dry it before placing it back where I got it from. Putting the lid over the container, I close it to return it to the refrigerator. Going upstairs, I shake the bowl slightly so that the chicken is not only at the top, otherwise Theo is only going to eat what he wants.

When Theo sees me enter the room, he immediately gets down from the bed and walks towards me.

"Come on, I know you're hungry." Setting down the bowl of food next to my desk, Theo immediately starts to eat, completely forgetting about me in the process.

Looking down at myself, I glance at the time on my watch. I'm done getting dressed, I just needed to check on Alec and make sure that he wasn't going to take half an hour getting dressed.

Pushing back the sleeves of my pull over sweater, I reach forward to pick up my things from the night stand next to my bed and I shove them inside the back pocket of my jeans.

"Hey, buddy?" I call out to Theo who is now licking the bowl clean. "Do you want to go potty?" I ask.

Theo simply glances at me for a second before continuing to eat.

"Alright," I chuckle at his attitude. "Just let aunt Evelyn know that you want to use the restroom when you want, okay. I will be back. I love you." I wait for a few seconds to see if Theo stops licking his bowl to come to me, but he never does.

"He is way too spoiled." I mutter to myself.

Walking out of my room, I leave the door open for him to roam the house freely when he gets bored of being upstairs. Aunt Evelyn will be home soon from her office, so he won't be alone for long.