91

Copyright © MonMoncheese
All Rights Reserved
91 Updated 11.15.2023

•••

"Eyes are loud." -Unknown

JAMES

Guiding the small girl next to me to the door, I pull it open for her. The sound of the bell ringing in the process. With a bright smile on her face, she raises her head to look at me and for a second, her eyes seem to completely forget about everything as they twinkle slightly.

Loving the way her brown orbs shine under the light, I send a wink her way. Knowing it would only cause my favorite smile to grow wider. Rose lets out a laugh at my action and steps inside the coffee shop, slowly disappearing from my vision.

Dropping my arm from the door, I hear it close behind me and I follow after the girl that had just disappeared from my sight. The pleasant smell of coffee reaches my nose just as I look around the room in search for Rose. My focus diverts away from the many tables in the room while I scan the coffee shop for her. It doesn't take me too long to find her because she's standing in the middle of the shop, her eyes running over the tables available.

Walking over to her, I stop next at her side and notice the thoughtful look on her face.

With pursed lips, she taps her index finger across her chin and eventually points to a table next to a window in the corner of the coffee shop.

"That one?" She questions, turning to face me and I glance away from the empty table. Lowering my eyes to hers, I smile.

"It's perfect."

Grabbing her hand in mine, I guide us to the table. The whole time my mind focused on the way my heart felt at the simple skin ship. And I knew then that I never wanted to let go of her hand.

She didn't know it, but Rose was doing things to me that I didn't know how to understand. It was like she took my breath away but was also the reason behind my oxygen.

Despite my growing affection, I eventually succumb to my refusal to let go of her hand and rush to hold the chair out for her. I take notice of the way she just stares at me for a few seconds before finally taking a seat.

"Okay, who raised you?" Her question catches me by surprise as I take a seat, and I raise a brow at her question.

"What do you mean?"

"I'm serious, who raised you to be so sweet? You didn't have to hold the chair for me, you know?" Rose places the side of her face on her palm, while her eyes stare at me with a burning gaze. "It's like everything you do has some kind of effect on me."

Now it was my turn to laugh at her words, it was almost like she was purposely trying to make my heart beat faster. Leaning forward, I shrug slightly. My eyes focused on that precious smile of hers. "My family, but my mum and nonna had a huge influence on me."

"Oh, I've heard that before. Isn't that grandma?" She asks excitedly and I hum, letting her know she's correct.

"Yes, nonna is my grandma. And I did have to hold the chair for you, princess." I grin, her eyes gazing curiously at my statement. "What kind of person would I be if I didn't take care of my princess?"

Upon hearing my words, she leans backs and shakes her head. "You're crazy." She utters under her breath.

"Maybe," I shrug nonchalantly. "Perhaps hanging out with you has rubbed off on me a little."

"I am not crazy." She defends, her mouth slightly agape at my words.

"I beg to differ." I mutter and she gasps.