89

Copyright © MonMoncheese
All Rights Reserved
89 Updated 08.06.2023

•••

Warning! There will be a flashback scene in this chapter. Nothing physical, all verbal. But it will slightly hint starvation in case it triggers any of you. It's nothing big, but please read at your own risk. If you do not wish to read it, please skip it. I do not wish to cause any harm to you. Take care, my loves.

"He just looks at her like just realized what love is". -Unknown

James|Roseanne

•••••

ROSE

Shutting the locker door shut, I hold my notebook and pencil bag close to me and turn away from the row of lockers pressed against the wall. Walking through the hallways, I can't help but look around in search of a certain red-haired girl. I didn't want a repeat of yesterday.

I know she's not the only one that bothers me, but Irene seems to be one of the students that hate me, and this made her more dangerous than the others.

Because if she hates me, there is no telling how far she would go to torment me.

My eyes practically search for her fiery hair whenever I turn into another corridor but let out a breath of relief when I don't see any sign of her.

This internal fear is not normal, I know that. But I know that if I'm not cautious, the moment one of them sees me they will decide to drag me away to a secluded area just have their fun with me.

I can feel my heart beart increase by the second as I walk past a group of students conversing about some gossip. Out of habit, I lower my head and continue walking. I have a slight view of what's in front of me so that I don't bump into anyone. However, just as I pass the cafeteria doors the faint smell of food makes my stomach churn in response causing me to look up.

Feeling myself grow hungry, the grip on my notebook grows tighter and I pick up my pace to rush pass the cafeteria doors. Once the doors are behind me, I feel like I can breathe again, and I stop walking glancing back behind me.

At that moment, a group of guys is exiting the cafeteria. One of them has his hand pressed to his stomach complaining that he ate too much while the others just laugh at him.

Returning my attention to the front, I look down at the floor.

I couldn't even remember the last time I step foot inside a school cafeteria.

Will I ever be able to feel the joy of eating again?

Ignoring the sudden burst of hunger, I continue walking.

It didn't matter if I was hungry or not, I needed to lose weight first.

It didn't matter if Irene and her friends told me to tone down on the exercise. I knew Irene, the moment she noticed another flaw in me, she would use it against me. Yesterday was only a slight reminder in the girl's locker room after gym class.

Irene hadn't bothered me since our last encounter with Scott, she had been keeping to herself for a few weeks, every now and then glaring at me from a distance but nothing serious to make Scott notice her. But this time there was no one to stop her. She didn't touch me physically, but somehow her words hurt more than our previous encounters.

I don't know what caused it, normally she's bored and just wants to torment me for her joy or she's upset and she releases her anger out on me.

This time it was different.