90

Copyright © MonMoncheese
All Rights Reserved
90 Updated 09.03.2023

•••

Warning! Extreme bullying ahead. If you do not wish to read it or don't feel comfortable, please skip the scene. I do not wish to trigger and/or cause harm to you. Read at your discretion.

"Your voice could calm the oceans." -Unknown

ROSE

Tapping the pen in my hand against the history notebook, I look away from his blond curls for the third time today. Lowering my head, I run my eyes over the words written with black ink. I try to concentrate on my notes, dismissing the fact that my handwriting seemed rushed at the bottom of the paper, but a certain blue-eyed boy seemed to cloud my mind.

Making it completely impossible to focus.

Letting out a breath of frustration, I let the pen fall and watch as it rolls for a moment before stopping. Rubbing my forehead in annoyance, I raise my head from the notebook and stare into nothing, my mind getting foggy with him.

After our last encounter in the field, Scott hasn't really approached me. And when I did see him outside of class he was usually with his closest friends or alone.

It was an unusual sight to see. And it made me wonder if he was behaving this way because of the exam everyone was preparing for in our World History class.

Our teacher did mention it would count as 15 percent of our grade this semester. Perhaps Scott just wanted to focus on studying.

Shifting in my seat, I suddenly recall seeing Scott in the library every day this week. Which was completely normal, except that he came alone.

It was rare for Scott to be alone in the library, he would usually be accompanied by someone else.

No matter how much I thought about it, seeing Scott keep to himself most of the time was unusual.

Biting the inside of my cheek, I lose myself in my thoughts.

He's starting to behave in a way that I've never met. And deep down I can't help but wonder why?

As Mr. White continues passing our grades, I look around to see a few satisfied smiles, along with a few groans.

One boy looks close to crying as he puts his test away and his friend behind him pats him on the back trying to cheer him up.

Hiding my smile at the sudden exchange, I watch Mr. White move to the next row and continue to pass out the graded exams until eventually, he reaches the blond boy I've been staring at for the past five minutes.

"Scott," The teacher leans down to Scott's level and utters something next to his ear. I can't see his face, but judging by the way his whole body freezes I know it's not good.

Handing him the paper, I can see the two of them exchanging a few words, but nothing much happens as Scott looks down in defeat, running a hand through his curls while letting out an exasperated breath.

This goes unnoticed by everyone else who is currently busy with other things, except me. Despite wanting to look away, my eyes remain fixed on him unable to look away from the current exchange.

Placing a hand over Scott's shoulder, Mr. White gives him an encouraging squeeze before standing up to his full height and walking past Scott.

Meanwhile, the blond boy sitting a few seats ahead of me picks up his test and skims through it. His fists clenching slowly in the process.