84

Copyright © MonMoncheese
All Rights Reserved
84 Published 03.07.2023

•••

"I hate it when I can't control my tears" -Unknown

ROSE

Hearing a knock on the door, I give it a few seconds before the person behind the door opens it. The light from the other side peeks through into the darkness of my room.

Looking away from the bright screen in front of me, I watch as the door opens slowly and a head of brown hair pops in. His eyes are curious as he looks around for me and I look at him weirdly waiting for him to find me.

He could have just walked in.

It takes him a few seconds to find me, but as soon as he sees the bright light emitting from my laptop his eyes find my figure on the bed.

Shaking my head at him, I watch as my brother gives me a cheeky smile. 

"Can I come in?" He asks, his head the only thing visible as he waits for my permission to step inside.

Not being able to contain myself, I let out a laugh at how silly he looks. Nathan's brown eyes glare at me playfully and I nod at him to come in.

Pushing the door wider, Nate steps inside my room. Turning to my side, I have to turn on the lamp on my nightstand as he closes the door behind him causing the previous light to slip away from my room, leaving only the white screen of my laptop.

As the lamp illuminates my room, I catch sight of Nathan's attire. He's wearing a crewneck with the school's name and a pair of gym shorts. And judging by the way his hair is all over the place, I assume he took a shower at school.

My brother continues to make his way towards my bed, and I return my attention to the laptop in front of me. My fingers move across the keyboard as I continue typing my essay. I was almost done, but I wanted to hurry up so that I can binge watch another season of Doctor Who.

I can feel the way my bed dips on the opposite of me as my brother's heavy form brings the weight down.

"Hi, Rosie." He lets out a yawn and I chuckle. Turning to my brother, I watch as he covers his mouth.

He must be tired.

Glancing at the laptop on my lap, I read the time showing on the screen.

04:45 p.m.

"Did you just get home?" I turn to him.

Nodding at my question, he lays on my bed, his back pressed against one of the pillows. "Yeah, practice was longer than usual today."

"Was it Coach Carson again?" I chuckle, already knowing that Coach Carson was the reason behind his sudden fatigue.

At the mention of Coach Carson, Nate grunts in response giving me the answer to my question.

"That man must have something against the whole school." He starts, throwing an arm over his eyes as he closes them. "Or maybe he has something against the entire population of Canada."

Shaking my head at him, I turn to my laptop and continue typing.

"Coach Carson is not that bad." I reply to him, causing Nathan to scoff in disagreement.

"Okay," I laugh. "Maybe he just lives to see everyone at school suffer. It's probably his only goal in life."

"That or he really just hates everyone in general." Nate responds, another yawn escaping his mouth.