•32

Koi chaand rakh mere shaam parMere raat ko mehka gulaab Kar,

Mere raat ko mehka gulaab Kar,

Kisse saye daar se lafz ko
Mere jalte dil ka hijaab Kar!

Saboohi

Love wasn't a Pandora box.

Love was just a deep feeling, something more than a feeling for that one person for whom you'd crash anything. For most people love was volcanoes erupting and fireworks cascading down dark skies whereas for me; I would have a definition of my own. Love had taught me this, Jahan had helped me through this. He had given me the scope to paint my own definition. To have my own explanation to the word, love. And for Saboohi Jahan Khan, love was undescribable. I wouldn't destroy the meaning of this word by describing it.

When you'd have a feeling towards someone that won't be describable, it would definitely be love. A feeling and emotion that you would feel towards the person and not be able to decipher. I could explain it simply. For some, love was chaotic and thunder and exciting and thrilling and so much more but for me. Love was calming the chaos within me. It was calming the excitement within me. It was taming the craziness within me. And my love for Jahan had that tendency. I could love him for endless years and still see the greater part of bad he saw in himself more than the good. I'd accept all of his flaws more than his perfections. I'd do it for the love I had for him.

I'd help him out of the bad as he had done for me. And I'd follow him blindly wherever he'd take me. Not because the love my soul held for him but because of how much I respected and trusted him.

" Saboohi? Which one, this orrrr-"

Afaaf's extended 'or' made me cast my eyes to her haphazardly making the hanger almost fall down from my grasp. She held two hangers which held almost same printed dress shirts. The left one only a shade lighter from the right.

" Mm. This or this."

She wiggled the hangers showing them to me and I squinted my eyes before nodding.

" The right one."

" Really. I like this one as well."

She turned the hanger and checked the collar whilst I looked at her in confusion.

" Afaaf the shirt is great but don't you think that it's a little too office-ish for you. I mean no offense-"

The woman's eyebrows quirked up and she laughed out.

" No silly these are for Zaryaab."

She said and realization dawned on me. Embarrassment clogged my skin and I mumbled out a small lie.

" I know, was joking."

She smiled and turned to look at the racks behind me. As I played with the hanger in my hand.