•20

Khud ba khud chorh gaye hain tou chalo theek howa,Itne ahbab humse kahan sambhale jaate,

Itne ahbab humse kahan sambhale jaate,

Hum bhe Galib ki tarah kocha e janaan se Mohsin,
Na nikalte tou kise roz nikaley jaate!

Jahan

We were sitting around the island.

I was across from Saboohi and Alamdar as they say closer together. My wife was sniffing softly and Alamdar would momentarily reach his hand and cover hers with his. In a gesture to comfort her.

" It's okay birdie."

The man's words broke the silence and he casted his dark eyes to me. I averted my eyes to Saboohi, seeing her lips tucked together as she wiped her tears.

" Rubi wants to meet Saboohi, you guys should return soon."

He said and I nodded silently seeing him turn to his cousin. His hand covering hers again.

" Saboohi, she really wants to meet you. Aunty needs you. I wish you were there to see-"

" We would return as soon as possible."

I cut in. Seeing his eyes snap to me.

" I called Saboohi a lot before leaving for Swat. If I knew you guys wouldn't be able to reach, I would have taken Saboohi myself. Why didn't you pick up?"

I saw as Saboohi looked to me before lying straight through her teeth. Making me frown.

" My phone had some problem. So I had switched it off."

She didn't need to lie, nor did she need to defend me but she did it anyways. Her soft warm eyes returning to the table.

" Well! I was so worried for you guys that I straight came up here after returning."

The man said chugging water down and I offered him a polite smile.

" That's very generous of you Alamdar."

He shrugged before reaching for his black coat.

" I must leave now. I need to get to the farm house."

We nodded as he stood up. I followed the man to the door as he smiled at Saboohi, pinching her cheeks.

" Hey, how about we go for some ice cream tomorrow. Yeah?"

" Okay."

Saboohi said in a small voice. Slowly nodding her head. My heart churned at how her mood had changed into simple sadness. She waved at her cousin from besides me. We walked in back seeing Alamdar's car hit the road. The woman walked towards the kitchen, heating up dinner and I noticed how tensed her shoulders were.