•4

I wish I could explain how wonderful you are

How I could look into your eyes and never get tired of their beauty.
How the sound of your voice gives me butterflies.
How seeing you walk in a room makes me smile.
How much you mean to me.
And how much I love you.
But you have me at a loss for words.
And even if I could find the words to tell you these things, it wouldn't come anywhere near to showing how much you mean to me.

Jahan

I knew I would find her here.

Leaning against the cold railings, I watched her as she moved against the ice expertly like a master in ballet. The black 3D flower motif skirt she wore with leggings, swishing against her thighs as she skated forward and then in circles. Her arms opening out on her sides as she danced in her own rhythm. Unaware of my amber eyes on her.

I was in awe how everything had settled, how I was graduating in two years. How I had started to earn, planning up my business. How everyone was happy. It just took a single call from her that had made me leave army and run back to her. But this was history now. Almost two years had passed since the day I came back home.

Today on my major insistence, Khan Dada and dad had set the wedding date. A week after, on a sunny Saturday. Although I was still in my degree program and so was Ronaq but we could study after our marriage as well. But my little bride was still unaware of this. And before sharing this news of our lives with her, I needed to something more important.

Propose to her.

I wanted to do something very special for her. And so I was here with a beautiful ring in my pocket. And seeing her ice dance in the vacant ice arena reminded me of all the childhood memories when we used to practice this. Ronaq was very enthusiastic about skating and we were young when our parents enrolled us into the only ice arena in swat. By our teenages we were expert in skating but Ronaq was a masterpiece. Her moves showed skills and raw passion for what she did.

I skated the way over to her, loving how the bleachers were empty and the lights were dimmed only allowing the lights to fall over in the rink. Silence all around us as she twirled beautifully. Ronaq didn't notice me until my hand slid to hers and I pulled her towards me.

" Hey!" She said breathlessly as we moved in slow twirls around each other.

" Hi!"

I smiled.

My palms settled on her sides as we waltzed against the ice. Seconds turned into minutes as I gazed at my soon to be wife in complete admiration and adoration.

" Wait- stop!" I said as we came to a stop. My breaths laboring. She grinned with her large eyes twinkling.

" You've gotten so better over the years." I rasped at her. She let out a short chuckle still twirling on her place. And I couldn't remember the last time I had stepped in here after my college.