•25

Kuch aesa hou ye shaam dhaleKoi haath me thame haath meraKoi le kar mujhko saath chale,

Koi haath me thame haath mera
Koi le kar mujhko saath chale,

Koi bethe mere pehlu me
Mere haath pe apna haath rakhe,

Aur pounch ke aansu aankhon se
Woh dheere se ye baat kahe,

Yun tanha safar abb kath ta nahi
Chalo hum bhe tumhare saath chalen.

Jahan

I wrinkled my eyelids before stretching my arms. Feeling something soft brush over my skin. I stretched my limbs trying hard to evaporate the threads of tempting sleep. Finally peeling my eyes open, I blinked at the unfamiliar ceiling. My sleeping amber orbs roaming to the ends of the false ceiling of the pink room. I frowned as my eyes moved to the blush pink curtains over me. And I had them fisted in my palms as they fell all around the bed.

Groaning, I sat up leaving the curtains to dangle down the bed soundlessly. My eyes squinted in curiosity seeing the other end of the bed empty and almost cold. My head shaking as a small smile invaded my lips. So much for her request for me to not leave her alone in the morning, the irony.

I stood up on sleeping legs and stretched myself, cringing at my wrinkled pants and awfully destroyed shirt. Running a hand through my hair, I reached towards my suit jacket before pulling out my phone seeing it dead.

Shit! Just wow.

My eyes caught the door at the end of the room and I walked to it, opening the door it occured to be a bathroom. And I sighed before throwing off my shirt. Getting done with my business in the bathroom, I stepped out just to see the room still empty and untouched. I walked to the bedroom and pulled it just enough to peek outside.

Where was this woman?

I pouted seeing the corridor empty. Closing the door behind me, I decided to wait for Saboohi to come in herself because there was in no way I was going before her family all wrinkled up. I closed my eyes lying back on the soft smooth bedsheets and soon felt sleep lull me again but I sprang up hearing the footsteps from outside. Moving towards the door again, I peeked outside. Seeing Abbas walk away with a basket, humming to tone to himself.

" Abbas!"

I hissed getting his attention and the teenager turned around.

" Jahan Bhai. You need something?"

He asked with gleaming concern and I nodded.

" Would you please fetch Saboohi for you."

I didn't wait for his reply before closing the door. Sitting on the bed, I waited patiently now. Seconds passed and then turned into minutes. And I waited for I don't know why long until the door burst open.