•26

Aik qissa urte patoon ka,Jou sabz ratoon me khaak howe-

Jou sabz ratoon me khaak howe-

Aik noha shehed k chatton ka,
Jou fasal gul me raakh howe-

Kuch baatein aese rishtoon ki,
Jou beech nagar me toot gaye-

Kuch yaadein aese haathon ki,
Jou beech bhanwar me choot gaye-

Tum dasht e talb me tehrh gaye,
Hum qarya e jaan k paar gaye-

Ye baazi jaan ki baazi hai,
Tum jeet gaye hum haar gaye!

-Trigger warning!

Jahan

I jumped on the bed. Ready to listen to the mystery of her white clothes.

After being ignored for almost all day and with only shy glances given, I was eager to have Saboohi alone for sometime. I crossed my legs one over the other and grabbed a pillow to tuck it under my arms. My eyes fixed to the bedroom door. The soft wind blew in from the open windows. Bringing the fresh wind from all over the land of Swat. The ticking antique wall clock ticked more louder with each breath of my anticipation.

I stood up, barefoot and walked to the windows. My eyes sweeping to the dark highlights of the night. The small stars dotted all over the blanket of dark that covered the vast sky. The thin curve of the rising moon hiding and seeking from behind the flossy grayish white clouds that passed by saluting down at the land. Another gush of wind flowed over me, making me flutter my eyes close and just feel the unseen wind. Feeling as if Ronaq was playing with me.

" Wow, truly a sight to behold."

A voice interrupted and I glanced back, seeing Saboohi stand a few steps away from me. A soft smile decorated over her full lips. I nodded my head and offered her a small smile. She covered the steps between us and looked out from besides me now.

" I mean you and the night; what a sight to behold."

Her smile grew more and I flushed under her teasing gaze. She tore her gaze away from me and I turned away again. Wanting to savour a minute or two again with the wind. Closing my eyes, I felt the coldness slowly seep over me. Cracking up my outer layers and bring out the best from within.

Dhummm-

I opened my eyes to the sound of something falling down and saw Saboohi already looking at me sheepishly as she picked up my books from the ground. And arranged them again on the desk. I chuckled and moved away from the window before taking my previous position on the bed.