•14

Tujhe aur bhe hain chahne wale,Tujhe Mera malaal thore hai

Tujhe Mera malaal thore hai.

Me marr bhe jaon, tujhe kia parwah,
Tujhe mera khiyaal thore hai.

Jahan

I molded my hands around the tea cup. The steam teasing my chin as I rose the cup to my lips. My eyes casting over to Abbas as he kept the tray on the bed and left. Looking at Mirza sahib, I saw him fiddle with his cup as he glanced at me and leaned back against the head board. His form looked paler and thinner since the last time I saw him.

" I was a bomb diffuser. And my work required me moving in and out of Swat. Most of the time, I'd be traveling across the country or the continent. At that time the demand was high, agency after agency were contacting for special teams and staff."

I frowned listening to the man intently as he ran a hand across his dry lips and looked ahead at the plain cream wall before him.

" The workers were given a month holiday every year until there was an emergency. Mostly the summer time. But this particular year, I didn't take the monthly holiday and did the same next year. My girls were small, attending school and during the holidays we would either go to the northern side or to visit their grandparents. So when the third year rolled in, I requested a two month holiday from my senior, who I was reporting. But he informed that the policy has been changed and the agency would allow every worker and his family to travel abroad for two weeks. I became happy. Because in all my earning years I had never travelled outside the country with my family. "

He paused sighing in. His attention coming to me and I crossed my hands across my chest.

" I came home and told the girls. They were esctastic and so was Sukhaina. And then when the agency asked too fill in where we wanted to go, I ofcource asked Sukhaina. She said that wherever the girls agree too. Okay then, we asked Rubi and Saboohi then. Different cities and countries came up. America. London. China, Switzerland and what not. I was amazed at what they were suggesting. However we couldn't decide that night and the matter was left unresolved. But two days later I came home and Saboohi was adamant on a city and she was fighting with Rubi. I asked them what final suggestions they had. Rubi said she wanted to go Florida. And against her Saboohi said she wanted to Budapest. My eyes widened hearing my daughter say this. And she was adamant, not listening to anyone. Saboohi was smart. She loved history and she loved architecture and you know ancient tales and all that."

I bit my lips to stop the smile that was hell bent on crooking up.

" I had two daughters now and there suggestions were before me. And I had to chose. And so I chose Saboohi's Budapest-" he paused and sighed out. His forehead creasing.

" Saboohi was for a fact, always very close to me and at times I admitted that I loved her more than Rubi. Saboohi was five years younger than her older sister and she had made appearance after five years of waiting so she was very dear to me. And Sukhaina used to complain alot that I spoiled her but you know, you grow affectionate towards someone so they reciprocate it very well. Saboohi was 15, Rubi being 20 when we went to Budapest, Hungary. Reaching there, Rubi was very satisfied at the place and enjoyed to her fullest but didn't let her sister know it."