•27

I did not mean to scare you,But there's winter in my bones,And when life becomes too heavyYou can hear my glaciers groan,Sometimes I don't go out,Because my heart has been snowed in,And it doesn't take too much,For avalanches to begin,But do not g...

But there's winter in my bones,
And when life becomes too heavy
You can hear my glaciers groan,
Sometimes I don't go out,
Because my heart has been snowed in,
And it doesn't take too much,
For avalanches to begin,
But do not get me wrong,
There's beauty in the endless white,
The ice along my lashes,
Helps reflect back all the light,
And it's easy to find magic,
Skating on the frozen lakes,
Or in sticking out your tongue,
To catch the softly falling flakes,
The forest floor is freezing,
But the trees are wearing coats,
And I've seen the whistling wind,
Wearing a scarf around it's throat,
So do not waste your worry,
On all my blizzards and my storms,
I've got my own internal flame,
That always keeps me nice and warm.

Saboohi

I groaned before turning on my other side. My stomach protesting with the rumbling. Rubbing a hand over my stomach, I shook my head. My eyes pressing more close.

Only if I could hold in my hunger and sleep for a few more minutes.

A delicious smell wafted past my nostrils and I groaned again hearing a door close somewhere. The shuffling from around me had me opening my eyes to glare at the man. Jahan sauntered around with a tray of food and placed it on the round table in the corner of our room. And I sprang up in bed.

" New York!"

My excited shriek was loud enough to even catch attention of the people outside our suite and the man turned to look at me before he chuckled.

" Yes New York!"

My eyes grew large and my mouth turned into a grin as I looked around the unfamiliar room. My eyes looking around in astonishment.

" Breakfast is here. You should probably eat something."

Jahan said before he stole a thing or two from the plate and popped it in his mouth. I cut my eyes to him and frowned looking at the warm sheets around me. My features morphing in a frown as I noticed wearing the same dress I wore during the flight.

" Did you carry me here?"

The man cocked a brow before muttering something under his breath.

" I didn't Saboohi. You don't remember?"

I looked confused at him and scratched my neck.

" I don't remember walking up here. Last thing I remember is being on the car driving through the night. "

His mouth fell as he shook his head and moved to the tray again.

" I did not carry you although you were super tired and sleepy. You did walk here yourself and about your clothes- I told you to change when we reached here but you were super grumpy. "