•11

" I don't think you ever really understood

... All the love I had in the world went to you."

Jahan

The streaming rays of the early sun lit up the haveli. The golden rays shining in through the large windows all around. I searched through the cabinets trying to find my files.

" Shit." I sighed out.

Unable to find where the files were kept. After the wedding, the bedroom had changed. Mostly my things were swept off and I was not used to being looking around for things.

" Saboohi." I called out angrily. A moment of silence passed before I realized she already went down for breakfast. Hissing under my nose, I walked to the wardrobes and pulled them open. My wife's section made my amber eyes dilate as I looked at her clothes.

Tons of clothes.

White clothes.

" What?" I swiped the hangers one by one seeing only white clothes. Made out of finest of fabric, made out of every design. Net, silk, jewelled, chiffon, embroidered; but all white. Scratching my neck, I bent down and retrieved the files from the drawer, down below.

What was her obsession with white.

" Good morning, dear husband." The soft voice boomed around the large room making my eyes flicker to the white clad lady who barged inside the room.

" Good morning." I said clearing my throat and fixing my tie.

She gasped, her hands reaching up to cup her mouth as she looked at me with sharp butterscotch eyes.

" What are you doing? Stealing my clothes for your secretary?" My eyes widened at her accusation. Seeing her walk towards the open wardrobe.

" No. I was um.. why are all of your clothes white?" I asked.

Her smile fell down her face and her once brightened face scrunched into a frown. She easily walked past me and towards her wardrobe, my eyes watching her each action with utmost curiosity.

" It's a tale for another time." She said turning her back to me. I nodded to no one and sat down, doing my shoe laces. I flickered my eyes to her once I was done. Seeing the woman move around in her white maxi dress. Her curls around her shoulders. Her feet sporting block heels. She searched through the drawers of her wardrobe and I stood up, tightening my watch around my wrist.

" I am going for breakfast." I announced.

She looked at me and shrieked.

" No. No wait."

I frowned, confused. She came to me with a box and held my hand, pulling me to sit on the bed besides her. My amber brown eyes looked at the box as she opened it. Revealing two shiny silver bracelets. Holding my hand up, she hooked a manly bracelet around my left wrist. The chains all hooked up together, setting against my skin.