•7

Janaab rehne dejiye ye tasalliyaan,Becharrne Wala meri kainaat tha!

Becharrne Wala meri kainaat tha!

Jahan

The coldness of the white spotless marble floor numbed my toes. The white mixing with the bright lights, a different radiance sweeping up with the contrast. The large crystal chandelier, hung in the center. Made out of purest of crystal that reflected the very walls and ceilings. The afghan carpets by the reading desk remained posh and spotless. Men in crisp shalwar kameez greeted and left after Isha prayer. Their steps soundless on the marble floors that expanded till the very end of the courtyard.

The digital clock with the red numbers beeped somewhere in the background as I succumbed my face in my hands. Rocking slightly in the cross legged position, I sat. My heart shuddered within it's confines as I prayed of the unknown. Wanting the unknown and asking for the unknown. The burden of boulders slithered down my shoulders like thin thread of silk as I went down in sujood. Kissing the marbled floor, I stayed in the same position letting the tip of my nose touch the floors before I stood back up.

Folding the long sleeves of the hue blue kurta upto my elbows, I let my gaze lower as I walked towards the open courtyard.

" Jahan!" A frail familiar voice called out and I halted. Turning to see the imaam sahib ask for my attention.

The man with the white long beard strolled upto me with his brown cane and placed a hand on my shoulder with the softest of smile. Making me offer a smile in return and we resumed walking.

" I am noticing you quiet for a while now. Is there something that is troubling you?" He asked.

To distract myself, I lazily rubbed my fingers together. Gathering an explanation for him. Imaam sahib was a dear friend to Khan Dada and was pretty much involved in any family matter where his assistance was required. He had read Ronaq's namaz e janaza. And what could be more intimate of our family.

" I am revolving between what is right and what is wrong. What is legal and loyal and what is not."

" Hm. I have quiet an idea where this is coming from." He frowned. His white thick eyebrows drawing closer. He walked ahead of me and sat on the stairs of the courtyard making me follow suit.

" So you are confused." He asked more than stated to me.

" You know the rules in Islam aren't very hard. Allah is very merciful upon us. I wouldn't want you to elaborate any further but um-"

I listened to him carefully looking up at the vast sky that looked a shade or two darker than it looked yesterday. Almost like black with cotton floss like clouds.

" Yes, as I was saying- pray!"

" Pray?" I asked.

" Yes. You may have two equations. Pray istikhara and see for yourself. If something is not good for you it will automatically be removed from your path. Allah is very merciful."