Chapter 23

(3 months later)

"Cheers to Namjoon as his debut album skyrocketed through the charts!" Yoongi shouted as he held his shot glass up high for a cheers. The others followed his gesture and drank the alcohol right after.

"Bitch I'm so proud of you." The brunet smiled a gummy smile as he was so happy for Namjoon.

"Oh, is that your new nickname for me now?" Namjoon smirked.

"Yes, from now on you're my bitch."

"More like the other way around." Namjoon winked, and Yoongi immediately blushed.

I just noticed that he flirts with me from time to time. Is he not that dense anymore? Yoongi thought.

"Yah, do you want to have a drink-off?" Namjoon challenged.

"Ha? Are you making me laugh? You couldn't even last after three glasses of wine."

"I've been building up my tolerance these past few months, don't underestimate me." Namjoon was definitely smug about this and it made Yoongi cave in more. "Want to bet?"

"Sure, what's at stake?"

"Well, let's think about that later."

"Alright!! Our golden producer and rookie'll have a drink-off!" Rei announced and the other staff members cheered. "Okay, whoever taps out first is the loser. Get ready, get set, go!!"

~~

"Yoongi, can you stand up straight?" Namjoon asked.

"Waaaaiittt! I'm not yet done -hic- drinking!!" Yoongi shouted as he was trying to down another drink, but Rei took it away from him.

"You're totally smashed, you can't drink anymore." Namjoon commented.

Rei gave Yoongi some water to drink so he could sober up. "I can't believe you outdrank him, no one in the company's ever done that before. I'm amazed." Rei smiled at Namjoon.

"Well, I was born to beat him in this drink-off."

"Are you really okay with walking home? I can get you guys a taxi?" Rei asked, a bit concerned.

"Nah, his place is just near so we can just walk. It'd also be more interesting that way."

"Yah, Rei, give me some more to drink."

"Come on, Yoongi, up we go." Namjoon said as he placed one of Yoongi's arms around his shoulder and supported him in walking. "Okay, goodbye everyone, get home safe." Namjoon said and bowed.

While walking, Yoongi was saying something Namjoon couldn't really hear.

"Hey, what are you saying?"

"How the hell did you beat me in a drink-off you peasant?"

~~

"Jesus Christ, Yoongi you're so heavy." Namjoon complained as he laid the brunet down on the couch.

"It's your fault!! For getting me drunk, bastard." Yoongi slurred his words as he got comfortable on the couch.

Namjoon stood up and was about to go to the kitchen, but Yoongi grabbed onto his jacket and pouted. "Hey, hey, hey, don't leave." Yoongi said.

The younger pinched Yoongi's cheek. "Chilllll, I'm just going to get you some water so you'd sober up." Yoongi let go of his jacket and waited for Namjoon impatiently, but he immediately fell asleep.

When Namjoon came back, he was surprised at how swiftly the older fell asleep. He placed the glass of water on the table and sat beside Yoongi, properly laying him down on the couch. He brushed Yoongi's hair away from his face and smiled at the really ugly face he was making.

"I hope you don't start having your nightmares again."

*

(3 months ago)

"Is there any way I can help you forget about him?" Namjoon asked which took Yoongi aback a bit, but he turned to Namjoon and smirked.

"Kim Namjoon are you hitting on me?"

"W-What are you talking about? I'm not. I-I just wanna be a good friend and help you out." Namjoon became flustered and stuttered on his words.

Yoongi turned back to face the sky and said, "shame that the stars can't shine bright because of all that pollution." Namjoon agreed with a quiet "yeah".

"You help me enough by letting me get through my nightmares. It's actually your fault I'm having these nightmares, but at least you took responsibility."

Namjoon looked dumbfounded. "Ha? What do you mean it's my fault?"

"Remember when you still called me hyung?"

"Yeah, remember it like it was yesterday, oppa." Namjoon joked which earned him a hard slap on the arm. "Ouch! What'd you do that for?" Yoongi made a face and continued on with what he was going to say.

"Well, I had the nightmares before, but it stopped after awhile. Then when you called me hyung, I just got triggered and the nightmares came back."

"But I made it go away, too?"

"Yeah, it's really weird."

"How'd I make it go away, then?"

"Oh, well..." Yoongi trailed off and for some reason got nervous. "When we sleep together." It was a usual thing to Yoongi, but when he said it out loud, he immediately blushed.

"Oh?" Namjoon's tone was obviously teasing Yoongi, earning him another slap from the older.

"Anyway, I do want to forget about him, but I just can't. He's too precious for me to let go."

*

"I don't wanna sound greedy and selfish, but I want you to forget about him now that I'm falling for you." Namjoon whispered to himself as he sat right back up and sighed, closing his eyes for a bit.

Hiya my dudes, it's been quite a long time since I updated this story and idek if anyone's still reading this lmao. Since it's been so long, sorry if there may be some plot holes, and if there is, please point it out. The only reason I haven't been updating at all was because I was lazy to death lol. Anyway, hope you liked this update!

Sydney (● ˃̶͈̀ロ˂̶͈́)੭ꠥ⁾⁾