Chapter 22

"So what's this piece called?" The younger asked as they arrived in front of an abstract sculpture.

"I don't really know, but most of the time I just call it 'The Great Tangle', y'know what I mean?" Yoongi said as he nudged Namjoon twice while winking awkwardly.

"No—stop." Namjoon said in mock disapproval while shaking his head.

"But in all seriousness though, not all people might see how this inspires me, but this 'Great Tangle' is a representation of life. Life is really only a single strand, but it's up to the person to go to different paths, to make their life more memorable, to have more relationships and to have more tangles in life to trigger excitement and sentiment. It's better to leave the tangle—tangled.

So whenever I look at this piece, I just reminisce about all the connections I've established in my life." Yoongi said with a bit of passion thrown in there. He looked at Namjoon who wasn't saying anything. "Was it too cheesy?" Yoongi smiled an awkward smile.

"No. It was cool, I like how you interpreted this piece." Namjoon smiled genuinely and it made Yoongi feel... full.

"How 'bout we go on to the next place?" Yoongi asked. Namjoon nodded and the two got on the bike and rode off.

~~

The two boys had visited many wonderful places; Some places that Namjoon didn't think would be that beautiful for it to be able to exist. They went to art galleries, gardens, and pretty much anything that screams aesthetic.

Namjoon and Yoongi settled down in an abandoned building, but was suprisingly well-maintained.

"I didn't realize that it was almost dusk." Namjoon stated as they were climbing up the stairs.

"Perfect timing." Yoongi grinned and ran up the stairs, Namjoon telling Yoongi to wait for him. Running up the stairs was an addition to the exercise Namjoon had today as the boys took turns in cycling to different places.

But running was totally worth it.

As they reached the rooftop, they were mesmerized by the sunset. No matter how many times Yoongi came here, the feeling he'd get while watching the sun retreat into the horizon is still the same as ever. As for Namjoon, it's his first time seeing a sunset so beautiful.

"This is where I go, whenever I'm sad, whenever I'm happy, whenever I'm angry, whenever I want to feel at peace with myself, whenever. This will always be one of my go-to places." Yoongi said with a relieved and joyful sigh.

Namjoon looked at Yoongi in awe as Yoongi looked at the view of the setting sun in awe.

"How 'bout... When you're in love?" Namjoon asked, his tone a bit hesitant. He wasn't sure about how he felt about Yoongi, he knew it wasn't love, but he knew it wasn't 'just friends' either. It's foreign to him because he only ever fell in love with girls.

Yoongi was obviously taken aback by his question, but he smiled sadly. "Wherever I go. It's a real burden you know?" He can never really forget Hoseok. I miss him. Yoongi thought.

Namjoon felt a little bit disheartened. He knew Yoongi was still in love with whoever Hoseok was, but still.

"Sorry, I shouldn't have asked." Namjoon said and turned back to the view, the sun now below the horizon, leading to dusk.

"No... Uh it's okay." Yoongi suddenly felt uncomfortable.

The two stayed silent for awhile, until Namjoon spoke up.

"Is there any way I can help you forget about him?"

---

The only thing I'm saying is that I feel stupid writing that thing about the great tangle lol plus I kinda regret setting jungkook up with taehyung (but taegi as bffs is the best) instead of jimin... cos like I'm into jikook now lol. Anyway, hope you liked it! Bye~

Sydney ( ' ▽ ' )ノ