07 | house elf

House Elf

Home. That was apparently where one's heart is said to lie.

But instead of feeling that way, Sooyeong's heart felt as if it were sinking with thick, heavy chains attached to it while at the same time it was trying its utmost best to reach the surface so it could push forward and beat with life again.

As easy as it was to be articulated, it was just as hard to accomplish or to even heal because at the end of the day we're all humans. We feel things. We hold on to things. Things like memories, nightmares, dreams, people, and for some, materialistic aspects seemed more important.

And the latter was exactly the case with Suhjin. Wherever she was, home never felt like home. It was like she was that one piece that didn't fit in the puzzle but somehow, she managed to flip it on it's ugly head and instead made Sooyeong feel like she was that irregular piece.

"Oh Oppa?" Sooyeong entered the kitchen, after just reaching home. There she found a tall male, more specifically Seokjin, at the stove. "Are you eating this late? You know your health is important too."

"Aish I had a late lunch, Soo ah." Seokjin sighed and set a bowl of chicken soup on the counter. "This is for you know who."

Sooyeong rolled her eyes skyward. She knew exactly who. Her nerves rattled at the thought of her.

"Where is she anyway?" She whispered. That women could hear through walls at times.

"In her bedroom. Acting like the Queen she's not." He whispered back with wide eyes and pouty lips. "And she also sent me out to buy chocolates and sweet treats earlier. Apparently she has a heart Sooyeong."

"Omo! So she's still not over the fact that she failed to catfish that wealthy guy she went on date with last week."

"Yeah, apparently he's a director to one of the neighbouring hospitals. Broke her to shreds."

Sooyeong snorted, "I think her anatomy still lacks a heart though. Instead, the volt in her chest broke."

"Ah, that's more accurate. Why are you so smart?" Seokjin chuckled, and Sooyeong only shooed him off with a pursed lip smile.

"Go before she starts yelling." She watched him leave the kitchen.

"And make sure you eat. Your food's in the oven." He managed to slip out before venturing upstairs.

She mumbled a thank you even though it was futile. Then she quickly opened up the oven to reveal a plate of burger and fries. As cliché as it sounded it was her favourite food.

"Wah, why does he have to spoil me like this..." She smiled, then thought pensively. "But... He's always been like that even when mom and dad was around..."

She shut the oven door and decided to eat later since she wanted to get the extra work, which the Dragon Lady piled on her throughout the day via text messages, out of the way.