26 | hanahaki disease

Hanahaki Disease

**Song suggestion: Ghosting by TXT. 🎶

Eunwoo's words rung circles all through the night in Sooyeong's mind and she didn't know what to make of it because she most definitely didn't want to hurt Taehyung in any way yet somehow she felt as if she was, just by existing

"Yah~ Where are you lost?" Sooyeong was suddenly thrusted out from her thoughts by Taehyung's fruity voice. "Aren't you going to take a picture with Beomgyu?"

"O-oh yes." She sheepishly laughed and got up from the table she was seated at, unconsciously put down her smartphone next to her desert plate, and grabbed Beomgyu's gift before heading towards him.

But as Sooyeong got her picture taken with Beomgyu in the now Harry Potter themed Genius Lab, Taehyung took notice of the back of Sooyeong's smartphone, which held a picture of her parents as well as Tata.

When she first asked him for Tata's picture he thought that she just found him really cute but when she replied to him and mentioned hope he thought maybe the message he wanted to deliver could be conveyed because after all he created that character just for her since she had lost a significant amount of love after the loss of her parents. He wanted to create a foundation of hope for her through his artworks.

He turned to face Sooyeong and he noticed just how brightly she smiled and it fathomed him because after he spoke to Hoseok the other day, he realised just how much her pretty smile was hiding. From where he stood he watched her quickly embrace Beomgyu and peck the top of his head before making her way back toward him.

He was glad that she had others who she cared about so it was not like she was completely alone but then again it was not like she could completely open up about it since Taehyung and her were bound by the rooftop secret.

"Did you take your picture already?" Sooyeong asked and broke him out of his thoughts.

"Oh, yeah I did but..." He lifted the smartphone up to Sooyeong's eye level. "Do you really find Tata that cute or even the slightest bit important to have him on your phone case?"

"Both," She smiled, "But are you trying to say that you're important too because you're on my lock screen?" Her sweet laugh hit his ears like a melody.

He pouted and looked away, seeing as he felt shy. "You're not that important, I just did it because Jungkook thought it was cool."

"Really?" She manoeuvred to make eye contact with him but he avoided her eyes and gave her a stupid nod, but those words reminded her of Nayeon; when she had called her an insignificant seatmate.

This encounter threw her thoughts into the air. It made her wonder if he was being ambiguous and thought how Eunwoo's words fitted into all of this. Maybe she needed to look at the facts and not her fantasies. Perhaps it was time to stop. Perhaps it was time to safe-guard the one she immensely cared about and to listen to Ahro and Nayeon.