18 | parasite

Parasite

It was early when Sooyeong's alarm incessantly went off but she didn’t move, not even one bit because she really didn’t want to get out of bed

Rather she simply cradled herself within her blanket and pillows and kept a shut eye because it was her self-declared off-day for healing.

As she laid nestled in the warmth, the incessant sound of the alarm became too much for her ears to bare so she put a stop to it then covered up her face with her blanket.

For minutes on end she enjoyed the one-day perk of over sleeping but internally her mind and body knew that this act of rebellion would have disastrous consequences probed on by The Dragon Lady.

From her safe haven she groaned then rolled out of bed but in the process of doing so she got even more tangled up in her blanket and ended up splatting straight onto the floor with a loud thud followed by another soft groan.

Once she got up, which took her a good few minutes, she grabbed her smartphone, a grey hoodie, a t-shirt, her uniform skirt, backpack and lastly she slipped on a pair of Levi's before heading for the main house.

Although she grabbed her uniform skirt, she most definitely was still going to skip school. She simply wanted it to be low-key and a secret to Seokjin otherwise he may think something might wrong — which she really didn’t need.

She pushed open the sliding door to the kitchen and hurried inside. Trying to avoid any sort of eye contact with Seokjin, she quickly greeted him with a bow before attempting to slip away upstairs but alas his eyes where sharper than she thought— a lot of carrots have been in the diet lately.

“You cut your hair?” his voiced held disbelief as he put down the bread knife.

She nervously smiled, “Yes… A new beginning I guess…”

He raised an eyebrow, “Is that so?”

She rapidly nodded with a slight nibble on her bottom lip.

“Alright, go on then.” He smiled then went back to buttering some toast. “And it looks cute. Really suits you.”

“Thank you,” she smiled warmly before running upstairs to do her daily morning routine.

Once she was done with showering, she plastered up the cut on her wrist with a new band aid and she fluffed out her hair, getting a good volume out of it.

It didn’t look so bad. Perhaps she could get used to it.

Straight after, she made her way downstairs to lay out the table for the mother-daughter duo in order for them to have breakfast.

As they walked in Sooyeong simply bit down on her toast as she stood beside Seokjin and the both of them only watched the apparent head of the households get settled in and they began to eat.