40 | blue and grey

Blue And Grey

After seeing Taehyung's wounding post, she found herself distraught and staggering along the pavement with no clear destination in sight

After seeing Taehyung's wounding post, she found herself distraught and staggering along the pavement with no clear destination in sight. The tears, which had become a regular feature on her pretty face, rolled down her cheeks.

What Taehyung did to her cut her deep as a slash to the wrist and it made her believe in Ahro's words. Once again, she felt like a burden and like she didn't matter. She wondered if Taehyung finally reached his breaking point with all of her baggage so to speak, got angry when she shoved him out or because she didn't reply to his message sooner, that he resorted to showing his apparent true colours.

Her heart further panged, as she thought of all of the memories she had made with him in these past few weeks. All of it now felt like it was a build-up to tragedy and it would now become something painful to think about. She knew, seeing him at school would hurt even more.

She heaved heavily as she almost lifelessly dragged herself up a few steps. She misjudged the last step and tripped. Her body stumbled forward until her shoulder came into contact with some glass.

Her eyes darted upward. Unconsciously, she had arrived at a store but not just any regular old store rather at Café Shooky. The breath in her throat hitched because she hadn't realised where she was going. That was one of the places she didn't want to be at right now.

As she turned to leave, she noticed Hoseok and Yoongi stare right at her as if they were trying to figure out who she was so she quickly tugged on the baseball cap she wore in order to conceal her identity.

She took her first step down then her second but to her dismay Hoseok's hollering voice rung throughout the joyful atmosphere. He called out for her but she shut her eyes briefly and took faster steps to evade them. However, with Hoseok being the most energetic person on Earth, he obviously managed to catch up to her. He even jumped the last few steps and stopped directly in front of her.

"Aigoo, where are you going? And where's Taehyung?" he asked but she kept her eyes on the pavement, suddenly finding it interesting. However, instant regret set in because memories of that night- the night with Taehyung's hands and the cold pavement- struck her and it struck her hard.

"I hate him..." she mumbled but every cell in her body still broke after she said those words.

"Hate who?" Yoongi's voice suddenly echoed. "And I know Hoseok is literally the sun but what's with the baseball cap?"

She flinched when Yoongi's hand made contact with her shoulder but she never said a word. Alas, she only contemplated if she should in fact share her troubles with them or not because at that point in time she was a gigantic problematic magnet. Everywhere she went, trouble always seemed to follow her just like a shadow.

"Sooyeong," Hoseok spoke, sweetly. "If something is wrong, tell us then only we can help you."

She stayed silent as she fought back another round of tears.