25 | tata

Tata

The Saturday's nowadays were always a drag for Sooyeong but it was still her favourite day of the week nonetheless

The Saturday's nowadays were always a drag for Sooyeong but it was still her favourite day of the week nonetheless. It was a day where she could escape the troubles of life by wasting away in her outhouse, studying, sharpening her cooking skills with the help of Seokjin or stealthily avoiding Suhjin and her monstrous daughter Ahro.

Not seeing those two made her day all the better. It was like a breakthrough of sunshine on a stormy day. Although that was true, there were still moments where she’d cross their paths and they’d undoubtedly say a few taunting remarks to tick her off.

But over the passed days, she learnt to pretend as if she was completely unphased by their comments in order to avoid anymore almost near death experiences or lectures of how much of a burden she was. Hence, she’d only stand stoically in front of Suhjin and hide the fear deep within the dark reaches of her soul whenever she was faced with Ahro.

Although the hate was difficult to soak in, she still had to adapt and continue with her day as if it were nothing because deep down she knew she wasn’t as they perceived her to be nor was she a burden.

In fact, no-one should ever have to hear that revolting, insipidus word. Ever. Because all life is precious (well except for paedophiles, rapists, and serial killers) and she had learnt that the hard way but luckily for her she had a very soft cushioning; Taehyung.

If he wasn’t there for her that day then Yun, the janitor, would have found her upper body garments in the trash and maybe an unlucky student would have stumbled across her splattered limp body on the school grounds.

She shivered, disturbed at the thought, and reactively sat upright on her single bed, oblivious to the fact that a few stray tears carelessly fell over her study material, which were scattered across half of her bed.

“What am I thinking…” She whined as she stubbed her forehead with the blunt end of her pencil. “Stop going off track and focus on the poem.”

She breathed in deeply and the feeling of fresh oxygen filled up her lungs which gradually created a balanced atmosphere within her mind and body.

“Okay, let’s recap where I had stopped…” Her eyes grated over her worksheet as well as her laptop screen.

So far she had completed her analysis on the third stanza which reflected adulthood and early old age. Those themes got her thinking about her wild thoughts relating to Taehyung back in English class on how she actually wanted to one day have kids with him if he happened to love her back that much. Then the next step would be growing old together which sounded so amazing.