Chapter 7

America's POV

"MAXON CALIX SCHREAVE WHAT WERE YOU THINKING!!!!!! WE COULD HAVE BEEN KILLED!!!!" I yelled at him like my life depended on it.

We had escaped the rebels. After a week of being man handled by Aspen we were finally free. When Aspen had come in earlier this morning I thought I was in for another attack, but instead he had lead me to say goodbye to Maxon and we escaped. It wasn't even hard. We both thankfully had been given actual clothes earlier that week, and my ankle had all but healed. I shouldn't be mad at Maxon but I was just so angry and scared and he was the only one there at the moment.

"America," he said sternly "I know that you are upset, and that you're scared, but I need you to calm down."

If you didn't know him you wouldn't recognize it, but I could tell that although he acted calm, he was even more scared then I was. I loved him so much, I'm glad he had come to his sense on the divorce.

"I'm sorry Maxon, it's just, I- I" and at that I burst into tears.

We were in the middle of the forest, but somehow Maxon knew how to get back to the castle. He came over and wrapped me in his arms. He kissed me slowly, cautiously, unlike the past week with Aspen. I can't believe Aspen was a rebel, let alone the leader. Maxon told me the story as we walked, that was before I had yelled at him. We stayed like that for a minute until he picked me up and started running towards the castle making me laugh. He put me down at the edge of the forest a quick 15 minutes later. He had stopped running after about four minutes but he wouldn't let me down. Looming ahead of us were the gates of the castle. At first the guards had approached us cautiously, not sensing a threat but not being certain. At last they recognized us andante sweeping us for bugs hurried us into the castle towards the medical wing. Once there Maxon and I were pulled apart and hurried to our separate sides of the room for examination.

Maxon's POV

That night we laid together in the king and queens suite. After what we had been through, we decided that a title wasn't as scary as we first thought. America was asleep and I was happy for her. She had been through so much in her life. Before the selected came along I thought that I had it rough, sure I lived in the palace and had everyone do my "chores" but I went to meetings, worked long hours, had sleepless nights worrying in the safe room, and had to tolerate my abusive father. But then America came along. She told me about the people who starved or froze not only in the streets but in their homes. The people who worked multiple jobs just to scrape food onto the table. She had endured that, and now after finally receiving the life she deserved, she was kidnapped for a week and pushed into the arms of somebody who forced her to love him.

"mmm Maxon" she whined next to me.

"yes my love" I called not wanting to start a fight by calling her my dear.

"I love you, and I'm so happy I'm with you."

I silenced her before she could say more and we stayed like that until morning.

---------------------

When I woke up the next morning America was already gone, but she had left a single rose to let me know she was safe.

I got ready and then went to pick up the rose. When I picked it up a single white piece of paper floated to the ground.

-- Good Morning your royal husbandness,

Today I will be busy, running around the castle hiding roses and notes, collect all 12, complete each task, and meet me at the final destination for a wonderful surprise. The first clue to your second rose and first task is on the back.

--- your dear

I smiled and flipped the note over, ready for a wonderful day.