Chapter 5

America's POV

I woke to the feel of lips on mine. I kiss back knowing these lips. They were warm and made me feel safe. I placed a hand on the floor to push myself up and feel the cold concrete meet my palm. I stop kissing back preparing to pull away but the being pulls me closer willing me to stay with him.

"Maxon stop." I say trying to pull away before forcing my eyes open. It's not Maxon kissing me, it's Aspen.

"America" I hear a shocked voice behind me. Laying on the floor next to me is Maxon. A guard runs up to him and holds him down before he has a chance to react.

"Maxon this isn't, let me explain." I beg. He looks at me in disgust before turning away.

"Aw how sweet." I turn towards the voice, it's not hard, he's still holding me.

"Aspen," I spit in disgust, "How could you have done that, you know I chose Maxon."

"Did you America, I thought so to, until you tried swallowing me a minute ago. I thought I would have to force you to love me again, but you never stopped. You still love me America, more than you love him. "

I look at Aspen before turning back to Maxon. "Maxon look at me, LOOK AT ME!!!" He looks at me and tries to speak. "No Maxon, it wasn't what it looked like. I promise, I love you, I don't love Aspen anymore, I'm not sure I ever really did."

Maxon looks at me before saying "I thought you loved me America, I thought you chose me and that you would do anything for me, but I was wrong. Once we get back to the castle, if we get back to the castle, I'll have our lawyers create a divorce form, I'm going back for Kriss."

Maxon's POV

I wake up to the sight of her kissing....him. Aspen, I knew I never should of trusted him, from the moment I came around the corner with Kriss and saw them. I never should have trusted him, and I never should have taken her back.

"America" I choke out.

She turns around with a shocked expression on her face, yeah didn't know I was still here did you. She starts begging but I turn away. I can't stand to look at them. Aspen says something, probably about how gullible I was. I can't believe that just this morning I had woken up scared that the rebels had taken her, but now I couldn't care less. We are still trapped, and I think it's by the same group of people, but how did they get Aspen? Why is he cooperating, why is America? America is yelling now, I look back to make sure she is okay, wait why do I care? I try to yell at her but she stops me.

"No Maxon, it wasn't what it looked like." she says. "I promise, I love you, I don't love Aspen anymore, I'm not sure I ever really did."

I look at her, I want to remember her like this, begging for me, like she actually ever wanted me. I remember everything about her before saying "I thought you loved me America, I thought you chose me and that you would do anything for me, but I was wrong. Once we get back to the castle, if we get back to the castle, I'll have our lawyers create a divorce form, I'm going back for Kriss."

I was going back for Kriss, no matter how much I hated Kriss- I had decided that over the past months, America had been right about everything when it came to Kriss- I would rather be with someone I hated than with someone I love that loved someone else.

"Maxon no you can't!" America screams.

I look at her once more before saying, "Keep kissing him America, it's him you really love." Aspen leans down to kiss her and that's the last thing I see before passing out again from the pain that has been welling up in my heart.