Chapter 15

America's POV

I woke up the next morning to the sound of beautiful birds chirping. Maxon wasn't next to me but I assumed he had woken up hours ago to work. We hadn't done anything since we got back and no doubt a pile of work waited for us. I glanced at the clock shocked that it was already eleven am. I called my maids and they helped me get ready for the day. I walked down to Maxon's office. The door was closed which meant he was in a meeting. Instead of interrupting him I asked a maid to ask Georgia to the Women's room and to bring my breakfast there. Ten minutes later as I sat in the Women's room eating toast Georgia came running in squeezing me tight.

"Georgia careful!" I screamed

"Oh I'm sorry your highness didn't know you were so fragile now that you're royalty."

"Haha no Georgia I love your hugs, but you're hugging two now."

"Oh America congratulations! Maxon invited August to the cigar room after breakfast and he came back so happy but wouldn't tell me why that must be what Maxon told him! No wonder you slept so late."

"I am so sorry for missing breakfast this morning. We are eating dinner with close family friends tonight but I'm sure they wouldn't mind if you were there. And only one of them knows so you can't tell them."

"Wouldn't dream of it your highness. I apologize but August and I have business to attend to in the city today. We will be back for dinner."

"Good luck Georgia."

After she walked away I finished my breakfast then picked up one of my books, The Maze Runner, and read until it was time to prepare for dinner.

Maxon's POV

Meetings were so boring. I had them back to back to back after I met with August this morning. I couldn't even sneak away to see America and she if she was okay. When I could finally escape it was almost time for dinner. I went to the King and Queens suite and ran into America while she was leaving. After a quick peck on the lips she told me she'd see me at dinner. I freshened up then ran down to join America and the Woodwork's.

"I apologize for being late." I announced as I took my seat next to America.

"That's okay Maxon we were just talking about the kidnapping. I can't imagine what it must have been like to have been prisoners for a month. When Carter made it back the next morning he was marked a traitor but after hearing his story they sent the rescue party for you but they couldn't find the compound."

"And it will be a lot harder now. The compound isn't actually that far it's just outside of the town an hour walk, but Aspen will know we know the way and move it. With Kriss working for him now it will be much harder to do anything. " I replied.

"But we have to try. We have to protect our people in and out of the palace. If we ever want a relaxing life we have to try." America said. Marlee smiled at her and Carter noticed it and spoke for the first time that night.

"What a speech America, and I have a feeling that the meaning went deeper than the families out beyond the walls of the palace."

"Well Carter," I started "I believe America is talking about our family. The maids the guards the staff,"

"And our unborn heir." America finished.

Marlee squealed and carefully hugged America. She knew of course. Carter congratulated me and then carefully hugged America while Marlee ran over and wrapped me into a bear hug congratulating me. I smiled and thanked them both while wrapping my arm around America's waist. We were all standing now. Marlee looked at Carter and he nodded.

"Well America I hate to steal your shinning moment, but I'm also going to have a baby. We found out about a week before your wedding and wanted to wait to tell you tell after that but no time after your wedding seemed right." She let out a laugh as America and I congratulated the happy couple.

We sat down to finish our meal and talked a bit more. Almost ten minutes later Georgia and August come running in. Georgia is frantically apologizing for how late they are.

"Georgia it's quite alright." I laughed out. "If you don't mind me asking why were you so late."

"We were out in the village today getting details on the southern rebels plans and ended up getting more than we hoped. We will brief you tomorrow at your rebels meeting." August replied.

Another meeting, yay. We caught them up on all our conversations pausing for August and Georgia to congratulate Marlee and Carter. Carter and August had become good friends at the wedding and Marlee could make anyone love her so it didn't surprise me that Georgia already cared for her. We chatted until nearly midnight then dismissed ourselves all for bed. For the second night in a row I fell asleep happy.