Chapter 21

America's POV

His eyes flutter open and I call the doctor over. I kiss Maxon and am excited as he kisses back.

"He's awake" the doctor says excitedly.

"Maxon oh my goodness Maxon you're awake you're okay." I start to tear up and Maxon squeezes my hand.

"America, you're okay!" he exclaims

"Maxon of course I'm okay you're the one who has been in a coma for the past three months!"

He laughs and weakly pulls me into a kiss. The doctor examines him and tells us he wants to keep Maxon over night but that he can leave the next morning. I sit on Maxon's bed and cuddle next to him. He looks at my tummy and kisses it.

"Hello Ruben, Anne, and Lindsay. It's your daddy."

"Maxon you heard me? You like them?"

"America darling I love the names. I'm excited to have them running around within the next year. Can you believe that by Christmas we will be parents?"

I laugh and kiss him before telling him to sleep tight and that I'd be back in the morning.

"Make sure your royal husbandness that you're ready to party tomorrow. We have a couple birthdays to celebrate.

Maxon's POV

I'm tired as I set to work. I've been out of the hospital for about a month, but I still get really bad headaches every now and then. When I'm sleep deprived they're worse, and last night I didn't get any sleep. America and I were up all night waiting for Marlee to give birth to the twins. Around two am the nurse came in and introduced us to our godsons. Little Adam Calix Woodwork was born first and his brother, Justin Alex, was born three minutes later. They're so adorable, I can't wait for our triplets to be born. America is sitting in the office next to mine and we have the door open between us. I look at my watch. It's only eleven am and it's only the third of October, the twins birthday. The triplets aren't due until October 30th. I heard a scream from Americas office.

"Maxon! Maxon get the doctor, my water broke!"

Thirty minutes later we are in the hospital.

"Alright America you can take a breather, your not quite ready for the birth we need to wait maybe a few hours but you need to stay here." The doctor tells us.

"Dr. B they're three weeks early is that healthy?" I ask

" Of course. These children have been growing better than the majority of triplets do, and they're all healthy so I have no doubt that you will have three healthy children no matter how early they are."

I'm relieve and America is as well.

Around six the doctor pronounces America ready and couches us through the birth. An hour later a tired America is holding two tiny babies as I hold the third.

"Welcome Prince Ruben," I whisper. "I hope you like Illéa because one day you'll be in charge of keeping it safe."

I smile at America as Marlee and Carter come in. We introduce our children to their godparents before the nurses take the children to their cribs for over night observation. Five tiny little babies all lay side by side in five little cribs. America heads to the bathroom to change as Marlee, Carter, and I look at the five sleeping children. One of which will be the next ruler of our country.