Chapter fifty nine: Why? 🦋

~ a few hours later ~

Ryland had fallen asleep and I was sitting on my phone. I put my phone down and walked over to the water.

I sat with my feet in it and just focused on my thoughts for a bit. I heard a familiar voice from behind me.

I turned around and I could see someone standing a few meters away but I couldn't make out who they where.

"Hello?" I asked standing up and walking towards them. As I got closer the face started to become more recognizable.

"Nick?" I asked still walking towards him. He ran over and hugged me. "What are you doing here, how did you know I was here?" I asked pulling out of the hug.

"One, because I care about you and Ryland and I was worried for you both. Two, this is your favorite place so I sort of guessed you would be here." He replied.

"I told you not to come looking for us." I said.

"I know but I love you so much I'm not gonna listen to that note. Also I need to talk to you about something and I don't think it can wait until morning." Nick said.

"Alright what is it?" I asked grabbing his hand and taking him to where I was sitting before.

"So you know how Darianka and I where dating?" He said. I nodded slowly. "Well it turns out she cheated on me and she has done so many bad things like hack Kenzie's insta."

"Kenzie as in Mackenzie Ziegler?" I asked.

"Yup." Nick replied. "Anyways, when Kouvr told me she found out Darianka cheated on me I texted and called you and when you didn't answer I didn't know what to do so I-I locked myself in the bathroom and well..." he started to say then rolled up his sleeve showed me his arms.

There was dried up blood everywhere with scars and scratches. "Why?" I asked.

"I don't know." He said starting to cry. I pulled him into a hug and he hugged back.

"Bubs, I love you so much. Don't do that over a girl who obviously doesn't care about you as much as she said she did. There are over 5 million girls that would be lining up to date you. You need something to get your mind off of her." I said pulling away from the hug.

"I know but those millions of girls don't like me for me, they like me for what they think is me. My looks, my popularity, not my personality. If I do need something to take my mind of things, what do you have in mind?" Nick replied.

"Well, what do you want to do?" I asked. He opened his mouth to say something but then shook his head and shut it. "What were you about to say nick?"

"It's nothing." He said. I looked at him with one eyebrow raised. "Ugh fine. It was to hook up with someone."

"Alright. Who do you wanna hook up with?" I asked. He looked down at his feet.

"You." He said quickly. I didn't know what to say. We both sat there in silence for about 3 minutes. "Please say something Bella."

"I just don't know what to say. Why? Nick, I loved you when we were together and I still love you. But I'm with Ryland now and I don't want to hurt him like he hurt me. Also Jaden, Mads, Ryland and I are all going to Tennessee in a couple weeks and I can't hurt Ryland before we go on holiday together." I said getting up. I started to walk away then nick grabbed my hand and turned me around.

"Bella please just stay?" He asked. I shook my head then went back over to Ryland. "Isabella!" He shouted.

I laid down next to Ryland and went on my phone. I scrolled through Tik tok for a bit until Ryland started to wake up.

"Hey baby." I said. He sat up and rubbed his eyes.

"Hey." He said in a raspy voice. He looked over to the bottom of the beach. "Why is nick here?" He asked.

Why is he here still? " I don't know. Probably wanted to get away or something." I said.

"Let's go say hi." He said standing up. I slowly nodded and got up. I grabbed my phone then we walked down there.

"Hey bud." He said tapping nick on the shoulder.

"Oh hey Ryland, Hey Bella." He said looking me up and down. Ryland looked between the both of us.

"Is something going on here? Seriously Bella? We got together yesterday and your already hooking up with your ex boyfriend while I'm asleep?" Ryland said angrily still looking between the both of us.

"No Ryland, it's not what you think at all. Nick came down here while you were asleep and we were talking about how Darianka cheated on nick and we were thinking of ways to get his kind of things. He had an idea and I thought it was good so I asked who he wanted to do the thing with and he said me. There's loads more to the story but I'm not going to explain that." I said.

"Wait? I thought you guys were together before yesterday but Ryland just wanted to ask you out properly." Nick said.

"Shut up that is off topic!" I said to nick. He put his hands up in defense and I turned back to look at Ryland. "Please trust me baby. I love you so much. I wouldn't cheat on you."

"Of course I trust you. I was just worried." Ryland said. I hugged him and he hugged back. I pulled out and kissed him.

"You have no need to be worried." I said. I looked towards nick who had now turned around to look the other way.

"Can I speak to nick quickly?" I whispered to Ryland. He nodded and hugged me then walked away. I sat down next to him and leaned my head into his shoulder.

"What's wrong?" I asked. He sighed and turned his head. "Nicolas Austin, tell me what's wrong."

"No." He said. I grabbed his chin and turned his face to look at me. "It's just it's gonna be so fucking hard seeing my best friend and the girl I like dating. I never thought I would say this but I wish I was Ryland. The day Addison introduced me to you I knew we would be perfect together then it didn't happen I thought you had no interest in me whatsoever and I had to keep it all bottled up deep inside of me because Ryland asked you out and you said yes. I just wanna go now. I've said to much." He said getting up.

I pulled him back down and looked into his eyes. "Kiss me." I said.

"What do you mean?" He asked.

I pulled him closer to me and whispered into his ear, "kiss me nick Austin." I pulled away and he kissed me.

I kissed back then we both pulled away. I looked over to see if Ryland saw us.

He running along the beach with his stuff and it looked like he was crying. I got up and started to run over to him. I got to where the car was parked but he had already gone.

I cried a bit but then wiped them away because I was the one who hurt Ryland and I should have never done that. Although he hurt me he didn't deserve to be treated the way I got treated.

I went back over to my stuff and picked it up. I walked over to nick who was still sitting where we were before.

"Nick, do you have a skateboard in the trunk of your car?" I asked. He nodded. "Can I leave my stuff in your car and can I have the skateboard?"

"Yeah sure, let's go." He said and got up. We walked over to his car and I put my bag and blanket that Ryland had gotten out for me in the back then grabbed the skateboard.

"Go back to the hype house. I'm gonna stay out for a while. Text me if you need anything. Only text me if it's urgent though." I said turning around and putting my air forces on.

"Ok. Bye Hossler." He said. I instantly snapped my head round to look at him.

"Wow the nickname is back?" I asked. He nodded, I smiled then went back to putting my shoes on. "Alright by nick. Also don't tell anyone about that even if they ask." I said once I got my shoes on.

"Alright. See ya." He said. I waved then skated off. I hadn't skated in a while but I love doing it, it used to be mine and Jaden's favorite thing to do.

Word count: 1488