Chapter fourty four: apology 🦋

"What's wrong?" Nick asked me.

"Ryland just saw us." I said getting up to go find him. Nick grabbed my hand and sat me back down.

"Nick, I have to go find him." I said looking guilty.

"You broke up with him though. He cheated on you, you don't have to worry about him." Nick said.

"Nick, he's your best friend. I'm going to find him, you can either come with me or stay here. Your choice nick." I said then got up and left the room.

I waited outside for a couple of seconds to see if nick was coming and he didn't come out so I ran after Ryland and left nick behind.

I went over to his room to see if he was in there. I knocked on the door and there was no answer so I knocked again.

"Go away! I don't want to speak anyone!" Ryland shouted from inside, he sounded really quiet so I guessed he was crying.

"Even me?" I asked. I heard him get up from his bed and walk over to the door. He opened it and his eyes were all red and puffy from crying.

I hugged him tight and he hugged me back. I pulled away and shut the dood then walked over to his bed.

"Why were you crying?" I asked him. He looked down and wiped some tears of his face.

"It doesn't matter." He said walking over to the bed and sitting next to me.

"Ryland. I know you saw me and nick, I just want to know why your so jealous?" I said looking at him in the eyes.

"I don't know, I guess I still really love you." Ryland replied.

"We all ready went over this, you don't love me and you never did. No one wanted us to be together. We would have never worked out together. Ryland Storms I loved you and I will always love you but I've moved on and you have to as well." I said and got up and walked over to the door.

"Bella Wait!" Ryland said walking over to me I turned around to face him and crossed my arms.

"What?" I asked. He looked at me guilty.

"I'm sorry for this." He said. I was confused but then he kissed me. I kissed back then pulled away.

"Ryland.." I said moving away from him. I opened the door then walked out.

I ran back over to my room and went in. Nick wasn't sitting on my bed anymore and I heard the shower running so I guessed it was Charli.

I ran over and jumped onto the bed and buried my face into a pillow. I couldn't stop thinking about the kiss with Ryland.

I tried to stop thinking about it and bury it deep inside me. I tried to cover it with mine and nicks kiss but Rylands one kept coming up.

"UGH!" I said annoyed at the fact Ryland was the only person I could think of.

"Hey bebes what's wrong?" I heard Charli ask. I turned around to look at her. She was in a Calvin Klein sports bra and sweatpants, her hair was all wet and she had put it up in a messy bun.

"Can I talk to you?" I asked, sitting up and crossing my legs.

"Yeah sure what's up?" She asked walking over to me and sitting in front of me.

"So when I ran to my room after shouting at Ryland I got a FaceTime call from nick so I answered it. We spoke for a bit then he came into to our room and we talked. I called my mom and spoke to her then me and nick talked for a bit again. Then we kissed. I pulled away after about 30 seconds then I looked over to the door and Ryland was standing there. He ran of and I went after him. When I got to his room he had been crying and his eyes were all puffy so I hugged him. I talked I him and when I was leaving he kissed me and I came back in here and now all I can think of is Ryland." I said putting my head into my hands.

"Woah." Charli said. "But who do you like?" She asked.

"I don't know. Nick is literally the sweetest person on the earth but I don't know if he likes me like that. Rylands my ex that cheated on me but I still love him." I said getting my phone to see if I had gotten any messages. There was one from Ryland saying sorry and a couple from Nick asking where I was I turned my phone of and I put it back down.

"Ok then, let's play a game to see who you like more." She said.

"Ok, what is it?" I asked.

"You'll see." She said. I looked confused. "Ok first, ketchup or mustard?"

"Ketchup." I replied.

"Purple or pink?" She asked.

"Purple, all the way." I said laughing.

"Nick or Ryland." She asked.

"Ryland." I said then instantly realized what she did. "No, no, no, no, no, no!"

"You like Ryland belle. You can't change that." She said taking my hands and holding them.

"No, but I- I just don't know Charli! I love Ryland I really do but I need to forget him, he cheated on me." I said with a small face.

"Ok but if nick breaks your heart remember I'm here for you." She said and I nodded. We both got up and went downstairs.

Nick was sitting in the kitchen on a stool. I walked over to him and put my chin on his shoulder.

He was looking at DM's from people. He turned his phone of and hugged me.

"Hey bubs." Nick said turning around and hugging me. I hugged him back then sat down on his lap.

"Do you wanna do something I'm bored." I asked. Nick nodded so we got up and went outside to the pool.

Word count: 1009