#17: Gears

"Awesome! Leaving in the middle of the night makes my heart race!" Hinata exclaimed as they all waited to get on the bus. "Oh right. You guys got there late last time," Tanaka remembered, crossing his arms. "It must be nice being a simpleton. You can fall asleep anywhere," Kei commented, causing the two to yell at him. "Please don't yell, it's early..." Haneul said, and they immediately shut up, glaring at Kei.

"Well, as you know, we're scheduled to arrive early in the morning again. Coach and I will be taking turns as the driver to cut the drive time." "Sorry if I fall asleep, guys," Keishin apologized before hand. "We're with you, sir!" Daichi exclaimed, causing the others to yell as well. "It's the middle of the night, so keep it down," Takeda said, and Daichi apologized.

Haneul, Kei and Tadashi sat together in the back of the bus, with Kei in the middle and Haneul on the window seat. After a few minutes, Kei asked if the KageHina duo had apologized to her, and she sleepily replied that Kageyama had, and that she helped him get to a conclusion. Kei was silently mad at Hinata, but didn't say anything so Haneul could fall asleep.

When they finally arrived in Saitama, Haneul got off with the rest in a sleepy state, until they got to the gym. Since they were going to constantly swap players for each set, for the first one against Fukurodani, Haneul stood aside Kiyoko and Yachi, managing the team and keeping track of everyone. Haneul happily took notes as Kageyama missed his sets, smiling.

"Asahi's so revved up he can't control his strength," Yachi chuckled, and Haneul nodded. "Take it easy, Asahi-senpai!" She exclaimed, gaining a nod from the giant boy. The match was over soon enough, and everyone went outside. Haneul was going to do the penalty along with everyone else.

"Apparently the penalty for this camp is something you only find at Shinzen. A refreshing uphill dash through the forest outside the school," Daichi informed, and then they all got running.

"We lost every match..." Haneul said, laying down on the grass aside Asahi, Daichi, Sugawara and Tanaka. "It does feel good to run, though," Daichi commented. "This is the first time I've had to run so much since the old coach Ukai was around," Tanaka grumbled. Haneul went inside to get her water bottle and go with Kei. "Hey Tsuki, I'm gonna go work on my serves if you wanna-" "I'm gonna take a bath and go straight to bed," Kei interrupted Tadashi.

Haneul watched the exchange in silence, as Yamaguchi continued, "But uh, don't take this the wrong way but, are you going to do anything to prepare at all?" "We practice way too much as it is. There's no use running ourselves into the ground." Kei motioned Haneul to go, and she smiled at him. Before leaving, she mouthed to Tadashi, "I'll talk to him."

The brunette followed her blond boyfriend outside, walking in silence. "Um, Kei?" He turned his head to look at her softly, but she was interrupted by someone else. "Hey, you, skinny! With the glasses! Ka-chan!" The duo turned to see Kuro standing at the second gym's door with Fukurodani's ace. "Could you maybe jump some blocks for us?" Kuro asked, grinning.

"Sorry, we're all done for today," Kei said matter-of-factly. "What? But there's no point in practicing our spiking if we don't have any blockers," the ace said, leaning on the gym's door. "Why does it have to be me? Why not any of your team mates?" Kei asked, getting annoyed. "Nah, Bokuto's the worst. His spiking practice goes on forever. It's like he never stops," said another guy, a setter, from Fukurodani. Seems like he was telling them not to do it and run.

"And I'm too busy training this bumbling idiot over here," Kuro said, pointing at a sweaty Lev who was on the floor. "I already told you! I'll jump all those blocks! I swear, okay?!" "Oh, be quiet! If you want to be part of Nekoma's regular line up, then you have to improve your recieving!" Kuro yelled, making the silver boy groan.