#15: Unspoken Thing

One week was left for summer break, and Haneul was just at a cafe, with her good friend, Angelina. "I'm saying, this is your chance, Angie. You've liked him for a while now..." Haneul chuckled while taking a sip of her french vanilla. Angelina leaned back on her chair, crossing her arms. "Yeah, but he just got out of a relationship. It would be so weird..."

Haneul was trying to convince her friend to confess her feelings for the pretty-boy setter of Aoba Johsai, since his girlfriend dumped him a few weeks ago. So far, she wasn't very convincing. "Why did they break up?" "She said he was 'too involved in volleyball'. I mean, if that's what he loves, she should've supported him... Bitch..." Haneul detected a bit of anger in her friend's voice as she sipped her drink. The blue eyed girl then asked, "How did you know I liked Toru?"

"Your eyes were completely glued on him during the matches I saw," Haneul chuckled, tucking a stray hair behind her ear. "I also think he likes you. He says your name so nicely..." "You're one to talk. Aren't you and the tall blond dating? Erm, Tsukihima?" Haneul immediately turned red. "W-what?! With Kei?! What m-makes you think that?"

Angelina grinned, leaning in on the dark wood table. "Oh? I thought you were. I always see you holding hands and walking together. And aren't you living with him?" When Haneul didn't say anything, she continued softly, "And when I went to see you at the hospital, he was asleep aside you. He was holding your hand like he was afraid. I mean, I was too, but... Honestly if you can't see that, you're super oblivious, Hanie."

"I actually do like him... But I thought I just felt thankful to him for getting me out of there," Haneul softly said. After a small silence, Angelina smiled, and said, "Alright! If you confess your feelings for Tsukishima, I'll confess mine to Toru. Deal?" Haneul thought about it, and slowly nodded. "Okay, sounds good." "Great! But first thing's first: how do I prank Toru's ex?" "W-well, you can always just put loose glitter on her clothes while she's at practice. Isn't she a cheerleader?" Angelina stood and patted the brunette on the head. "This is why I love you."

The next two days were hell for Haneul

The next two days were hell for Haneul. She paid close attention to what Kei normally did with her that she'd learn to see as normal. Currently, he was laying on his bed, reading some manga while she laid aside him, with her head on his side. They always did this, but why hadn't she noticed?

It wasn't even the weirdest thing they had done together, either. Whenever they had to walk by where the girls who bullied her hung out in the park area, Kei would switch places with her and put an arm around her, glaring at them. He certainly didn't do that before. On top of that, whenever Haneul was cold, he'd give her his sweatshirts without her asking.

Today, she finally wanted to ask him. Were they a thing? Was this just all in her head? Then she remembered, that one time she had said she wasn't used to being conservative, that she wished to be hugged and held. Maybe that's what he was doing? Just fulfilling her wish? It was eating her alive, so she had to ask him, or it would probably kill her by keeping her up at night.