#10: Interhigh Preliminaries (Part 4)

As the day before, Haneul stood in front of her uncle's store, waiting for the others to pick her up. She wore her signature black shorts with her Karasuno jacket and white t-shirt, her bag hanging from her shoulder.

After a few minutes, Takeda pulled up, driving the bus. "Good morning," Haneul greeted with a smile, her face blushing red from the morning cold. "Morning!" Everyone else responded. This time, the only empty seat was aside Kei. Tadashi was in the back, having a conversation with Ennoshita and some of the other second years, so she took her seat aside him. Before pulling away, Takeda and Keishin glanced at the closed shop,wondering what had happened after they left the small Libero.

Kei silently held an earphone up to Haneul, who took it and placed it in her ear. Through the ride, she spent it listening to Kei's music, and texting Angelina on her phone. Once they made it to the gym, she helped Kiyoko bring their equipment inside, while this time, the ravenette manager carried the team bag.

"I'll carry that, so you can go change, Kazama-chan," Takeda said, taking the equipment from her. The boys had left already to change into their uniform. "Thank you, Takeda-sensei," Haneul smiled, taking her bag and hurrying to the girl's changing room.

After taking one last look in the mirror, Haneul left to the court. Even from the outside, she could hear the large amount of girls cheering for Aoba Johsai, but mostly Oikawa. She took one last breath before walking inside the court, making the opposite team's fans stop their cheering for a while.

Everyone looked at Haneul as she entered the court, making her uneasy. "Haneul-chan! You okay?" Tanaka asked, patting her in the back. "E-everyone's looking at me..." she commented, blushing. "They're wondering why you're here," Daichi started, holding a volleyball in hand, "So let's show them what you can do." Said captain grinned, and she smiled at him, nodding.

The game starts, and Haneul stands aside Yamaguchi and Sugawara in the bench area

The game starts, and Haneul stands aside Yamaguchi and Sugawara in the bench area. Witb crossed arms, she sees as Oikawa spikes out of nowhere, shocking everyone. Haneul murmurs under her breath to keep it together, and Tadashi glances at her, hearing what she said. He notices that she's quieter than usual, with a look of concentration.

When Kageyama tosses to Hinata and the ball gets sent to Oikawa, he seems to be preparing to spike it, so Hinata and Tanaka jump to block. "Don't jump! It's a trap!" Haneul yelled, but it was too late. Oikawa changed to a tossing position at the last minute, sending the ball towards Iwaizumi and scoring.

The ball soon goes to Kageyama again, and Keishin is left to wonder how Haneul saw that move coming from Oikawa. Hinata goes right up to the net and calls for a toss at the same time as Tanaka is preparing to spike. However, Asahi is getting ready as well in the back. With Aobajohsai’s attention on the three attackers, Kageyama throws the ball over for a dump, shocking everyone.

Haneul and Sugawara clapped in unison, "Do it again~", but Ennoshita tells them not to put more wood in his fire. Afterwards, it's Kageyama’s turn to serve, but his ball ends up going out and it becomes Oikawa’s turn to serve. The ball seems to head towards Nishinoya, but it goes to his right instead. Despite that, Nishinoya still receives it. Haneul takes note of the way Oikawa serves and watches intently. Kageyama gets the ball and Hinata calls for it. The two perform their infamous quick strike and score.