#6: Bullying

The next morning after practice, she sees Tanaka, Nishinoya, Asahi and Sugawara with a magazine. Curious, the brunette approaches them with Kageyama and Hinata. "What's with the commotion...?" Haneul hesitantly asked, kneeling a bit to see the magazine Tanaka held. As the petite Libero was close to him, Tanaka got flustered and showed her the magazine page. "L-look, Kazama-chan!! This is Wakatoshi Ushijima!! One of Japan’s top three players and the number-one ace of Miyagi Prefecture!!"

Haneul looked at the picture of the Ace, joined in by Daichi. "Well, he certainly does look like an Ace..." their captain remarked, glaring at Asahi. Said Ace cowered into a corner, and Haneul gave him a hug, which caught him and the others off guard. "I-I-I'm sorry!" She blurted out, noticing what she had done. "I'm still, u-um, I'm not used to b-being really conservative..."

The small girl proceeded to explain that she was still trying to get used to the conservative nature of Japan, since she grew up with a lot of physical contact. "So, you don't mind if we hug you?" Nishinoya asked. "Or hold your hand?" Asked Tanaka afterwards. "No, I really don't mind any of that..." The two first years grinned at each other.

Kageyama later on said that he tried getting into Shiratorizawa, but didn't pass the entrance exams. "I did," Haneul interrupted shyly. "H... HUH?!" The whole team was shocked. "You got in to Shiratorizawa, Ka-chan?" Sugawara asked, tilting his head. She nodded with a blush as she proceeded to sit on the floor, aside Daichi. "I didn't go because, well, it's too far away from where I live now... And it's pretty expensive..." Haneul said, the last sentence barely over a whisper.

"Remember," Keishin started, approaching the group, "You won't just face off against Shiratorizawa. The top four schools of this year are, other than Shiratorizawa: Wakutani South, Date Tech and Aoba Johsai. Haneul instantly grew scared as the boys all stared at each other intensely at the mention of their rival. Asahi saw this and patted her head.

"Oh right. You weren't here when we had that practice match, Kazama-chan," the soft giant said, getting the others to soften up. "That's right!" Hinata stood, jumping in place while speaking to Haneul, "They have the king!!" "T-the king...?" Haneul tilted her head to the side, making half the team die of cuteness.

"Not an actual king, Hinata baka," Kageyama explained, "They have this genius setter named Oikawa. They're a super strong team." "Omo, they sound tough," she said, using a korean expression. Even Kageyama blushed when she used it, since Haneul never had used it before.

"Guys!!" Takeda ran in, holding a paper. "I have the match-ups for the Interhigh!" Everyone immediately stood up, walking and crowding over him. Haneul was in the back of the crowd, trying to see what Takeda was showing, but couldn't see anything because of her height. Kei, who was aside her, saw this, and sighed. He figured trying to make the others move was too big of a hassle, so he picked her up from her torso.

Initially, Haneul was spooked, but when she turned around to see who had picked her up so easily and saw Kei, she thanked him, asking if she was too heavy. "You need to eat more," he bluntly said, which translates to, "You're surprisingly light." Takeda explained that if Karasuno and Date Tech both win their matches, they might end up facing each other, but that wasn't the problem.

Aoba Johsai was also in their block, so they might end up facing off too. Haneul noticed they were all a little too stiff, and decided to say something. "At the end of hardship comes happiness, so all of our hard work will pay off at the end!" Everyone looked at her with heavenly smiles, until they noticed Kei was holding her up. "TSUKISHIMA!!! WHAT ARE YOU DOIN TOUCHING OUR PRECIOUS KAZAMA, YOU BASTARD?!" Tanaka exclaimed, ready to throw punches. "... She couldn't see."

"Oh."