#20: Simple and Pure Strength

Haneul was just picking up the balls they used for their spiking practice on the side of the court with Tadashi, when the green haired boy suddenly took her by the shoulders and held her back. A volleyball slammed to the ground in front of her just that second in a ridiculous angle. She froze and looked to see who had done such a spike, only to see the giant guy from the other team. Haneul shuddered in place, then turned to smile at Tadashi. "Thanks, Tada-kun!" She said, and the boy nodded, "Just be careful, Ha-chan."

"Sorry 'bout that," Haneul turned her head to see the giant boy talking to her from the other side of the net. She shyly smiled at him. "I-it's no problem! I'll get the ball for you," after her offer, she went to retrieve the ball, and went to give it back. Unbeknownst to her, Tanaka and Nishinoya were having a weird conversation at the side of the court with the salty middle blocker.

"How are you not jealous, Tsukishima, dammit?!"

"Yeah!! How can you not be?! Ha-chan talks to guys all the time, and gets flirted on a lot, while you just watch?! How do you do it?" Nishinoya was joined by Tanaka, who looked eagerly at the tall blond. He gave them a weird look, and sighed before answering. "You should know, there's more to a relationship than just attraction. There's respect and trust. I respect her actions and decisions because I trust her, and vise versa. It doesn't mean that I'll tolerate others harassing her, though." He then walked away, leaving the two upper classmen to reflect on his words. 

The game then started, and Haneul gave them a small pep talk to boost up their morale. "Hey, one person doesn't make a team. Remember that when you're playing!" beamed the small brunette, gaining smiles and nods from the others. She excitedly went to the bench area, excitedly cheering on her boyfriend as he went up to serve. "Make it a good one, Kei!" Nishinoya smiled as he stood aside her and Sugawara, watching the match together.

When Hyakuzawa spiked the ball over the triple block, Haneul shivered at the ridiculous angle and height. They kept playing, and Haneul noticed more and more people kept showing up. "Shake it off, Shouyo!" she exclaimed as the second point was made for the opposing team. They finally got a point due to a serve error, and after Kageyama served, Takeda called a time out. Haneul went to give them their water and towels, hearing Hinata's worries. "Hinata, there's ma lot more to volleyball than just air combat," Nishinoya grinned, telling everyone to get closer. "Ha-chan, I need you in there. You can pull off angled receives, which is crucial for Daichi's plan to work." She hesitantly nodded at the libero's words, and listened in on the captain's plans. 

When Takeda switched her in, the other team played it cool, but the bystanders started talking amongst themselves. 

"It's the girl."

"Why are they putting in a girl?"

"Changing their libero?"

"She's so tiny."

At the managing bench, Keishin crossed his arms and grinned. "You feel that, specs?" The teacher looked at him questioningly, and he continued, "The atmosphere inside the court changed. Nishinoya brings the sense of trust and reassurance, but Haneul... It feels like they know what they're doing, and she's there to help them in any way she can. It feels intimidating." They started to make their play, and Takeda payed close attention to them. Just as Nishinoya had said, Hyakuzawa shot cross court, and Haneul received it perfectly, sending it straight towards Kageyama, with Hinata striking the point.  The next play, they did their super quick attack, landing another point.

When Haneul went back to the bench, Sugawara ruffled her hair and praised her. "Yeah, Kei!" She cheered as he blocked another point. Soon enough, it was set point. Haneul received the ball and sent it straight towards Kageyama, and they used their 'minus tempo' attack to win the set. 

Outside the court, Yachi yelled back that they were doing a great job, and Haneul gave her a thumbs up. "Ha-chan, keep it up! You're doing great!" "T-thank you, Yuu-senpai." The game then resumed, and Haneul cursed for the first time as she missed a receive, but in Korean, making Kei chuckle. "Ssibal! I could've gotten that." "Shake it off. Whatever they score at us, we can take it back. That's why we increased the numbers of attacks in our arsenal," Daichi said, making Haneul nod. The game continued on, and they made it to match point soon, and thanks to Hinata, they won the match. 

Afterwards, they all went to put their things together to leave, and Haneul took care of the luggage with Kiyoko. She was the last one to go change, so the others would be waiting in the bus meanwhile. She changed into her orange crop sweatshirt and shorts, walking in the hall to get outside, when this blonde guy greeted her, followed by his friend. "Hey there, cutie! I couldn't help but notice that I don't have your number," he grinned, holding out his phone. His friend was pinning out her only exit, so she was stuck between him and the hall. "O-oh, I-I have a b-boyfriend. . ." "Nonsense! We're just friends! Unless you wanna ditch him, cutie. Come on, whaddaya say?" He kept on insisting and moving forward, successfully pinning her back against the wall. 

He suddenly leaned in closer, and Haneul instinctively pushed him away, but he grabbed her wrist. "Aw, come on. Don't play like that, green eyes." The way he grabbed her wrist awakened a flashback from a night at her uncle's place, causing her to flinch and her eyes watered up. This caused the boys to look at her confusingly, until her hand was liberated. She looked up to see Kei holding the blond guy's wrist, glaring at him through his glasses. "Leave my girlfriend alone," he said, causing the boy to pull his hand back and leave with his hands in his pockets.

Haneul rapidly hugged him, and Kei wiped away her tears. "It's okay. They can't hurt you, I won't allow it," he said, patting her head and caressing her face. She nodded and thanked him, and he gave her a last hug before heading out to the bus. "You were great today," Kei said, holding her hand. "R-really?" "Really," he smiled. 

'''AUTHOR'S NOTE '''

What's up! It took me long enough, right? I've been busy with the university classes and stuff, not to mention that where I live, whenever it rains, the electricity basically gives out on us, and it's been raining for like, two weeks now. Crazy. So yeah, slow updates, but updates nontheless.

Have ya'll started watching the new season? I'm gonna start episode 2 right now because I haven't had time to watch it yet.

Also, expect little one shots of Kei x Haneul to come soon, like little dates and headcanons, maybe.

What would their ship name be? KeiNeul? TsukiMa? KazaShima? HaKei? Moon Sky? Leave a comment bellow! 

Also am planning on doing a Q&A soon! Ask questions for me, Haneul or any of the characters regarding this universe!

Thank you and don't forget to like, comment and follow!!