#11: Used To Be Mine

It had been already a week since the team's defeat, and almost everything was back to normal.

Almost.

Keishin entered the gym for afternoon practice and scanned the room. Hinata and Kageyama were at each other's throats, like usual, Niahinoya and Tanaka were trying to impress Kiyoko, who wasn't paying attention to them, and Daichi was getting mad at everyone. However, one person was missing from all this mess, whom was usually throwing the balls to the setters for spike practice: Haneul.

The coach crossed his arms with a sigh. "Has anyone heard from Haneul?" He asked, making everyone stop what they were doing and walk towards him. "No, I didn't see her in the bus," Tadashi said. "She didn't come to morning practice either," Asahi added. In those moments, Takeda walked inside with a stack of papers in hand. "Haneul-chan didn't come to class today either. She's been M.I.A. for a week now, so it's time someone goes to see how she's doing."

Takeda turned to Kei, "Tsukishima, since you take the same bus route, could you take this to her and see if she's alright?" The sensei motioned to a stack of homework he held. Before the middle blocker could respond, Hinata complained, "Why Tsukishima?! He's a jerk! I can take it to her, it's on my way home anyway!"

This caused an argument along the team members, where they all shouted excuses as to why they deserved to check on her, when they were all interrupted. "That's enough!" Everyone turned to look at Takeda, who had an angry look on his face. In astonishment, Keishin let his arms loose, looking at the sensei.

"I chose Tsukishima because, unlike some of you, his home is close to hers and doesn'thave to bike for 15 minutesover the mountains, and he doesn't do any personal practice," he started, giving the papers to the tall first year. Practice resumes soon afterwards, with a different aura than before.

As practice culminated, Keiahin called for Kei, who walked towards him. "Yes, coach?" "I'll drive you. Actually, I'm concerned about Haneul, and I'm getting a bad feeling about all of this. So go get changed, we'll take the truck." The blond boy nodded and walked to the club room.

" The blond boy nodded and walked to the club room

The car ride was silent halfway through. The only sound accompanying both blonds were the occasional bumps in the road, and the radio chatter who's volume was close to zero. "I know what you're thinking," Keishin started, taking a glance at Kei. "Let's hope nothing bad happened."

"The reason why she lives with her uncle," Kei started, hesitant if he should actually say anything, "It's because her parents passed away." Keishin was surprised, and looked at the middle blocker with wide eyes. "Not recently, though. I know that much. Haneul doesn't like to talk about it," Keishin nodded at Kei's words, finally arriving in front of the shop.

It was currently closed, which seemed sketchy, since it was around 5:30pm. Keishin parked the car and turned the engine off, getting off. Kei closed the car door and started walking the stairs up to the apartments while Keishin waiting, smoking a cigarette. The coach looked around the street, finding this part of town to be the sketchiest.