#14: Greed

The next day, in the morning break, she stumbled upon the third years in the hallway. "Haneul-chan! We wanted to talk to you," Daichi said, waiving at her. "Oh, hi," Haneul bowed at them with a small smile, "What do you need?" Asahi looked down at her, and noticed her knees were slightly bruised, and one of them had a bandaid on it. "We heard Kageyama and Hinata actually came to blows and that you were caught in between," Sugawara said, furrowing his brows.

"We wanted to see if you were okay," Daichi concluded, scratching the back of his head. "O-oh, I'm fine," Haneul blushed, "It wasn't a big deal. Besides, what kind of manager would I be if I didn't try to stop them?" "But Haneul-chan, you got hurt," Asahi pointed at her knees, causing the other two to look at her worriedly. "L-like I said, it wasn't a big deal..." "Well, as team captain, I thank you," Daichi said, bowing full 90°, causing people in the hall to stare.

"I-it's fine! B-besides... Don't they fight all the time?" Haneul babbled, blushing. "You're right!" Sugawara smiled, suddenly lightning up. "That's how we know they'll be fine," Daichi said, patting her head. Asahi then asked, "Hey, where are you headed, Ha-chan?" "I'm going to buy yogurt from the vending machine down stairs. See you guys tomorrow!" The brunette smiled shyly and waved at them, heading towards the stairs.

The closest vending machine was aside the gym, so she headed there with a smile on her face. "One for me, and one for Hitoka-chan," Haneul mumbled, smiling as she bought the second cup of strawberry yogurt. She heard a small yelp from the side, and she turned to see Kageyama standing there. It was a bit awkward, since she didn't know what to say to him, until he bowed completely like Daichi had done.

"I'm sorry for hitting you. It was my fault," he said, but Haneul told him to stop. "It's alright. It's kinda my fault for jumping in," she scratched the back of her head nervously. "Are you... okay?" Kageyama asked hesitantly, and the brunette nodded. "Yeah, I'm fine." The raven haired boy stood there pondering for a few seconds, making Haneul wonder what he was thinking.

"C-can you... Accompany me somewhere later?" He looked down, not wanting to look at the girl he hurt in the eyes. "Oh, I have an appointment at six, but if it's before that, I'm sure I can go with you," Haneul switched her weight from her right leg to her left, and Kageyama looked at her with shiny eyes. "Thank you!"

After school, she headed out with Kageyama to a little tykes volleyball practice

After school, she headed out with Kageyama to a little tykes volleyball practice. "Why here, Tobio-kun?" Haneul asked, going up the steps with him. He explained how his dad was the coach for the kids, and that he didn't want to come alone because he didn't have a great relationship with him.

Then, a kid bumped into him, and Kageyama made him cry. "Tobio-kun, don't just stand there," Haneul scolded, moving him aside gently. She crunched down at the height of the boy and smiled shyly. "Don't cry, little one. He didn't mean to make you cry." The boy then stops crying and nods, walking away with his older brother.

When she got back on her feet, she came face to face with Oikawa. "Oikawa?!" Kageyama yelled, and Haneul smiled at him. "Hello, Oikawa-senpai," she greeted. Oikawa grinned, putting a hand on his hip, but then looked at Kageyama with a smug face.