Chapter 32- Cupid by chance

Start from the beginning

"Well you know, It's just a suggestion. We can start from that and like, just see how the night goes." I suggest.

"I thought you didn't know if you want to go on a date?" She teases me, her eyebrows shrugging.

"Oh? Alright. No date then." I replied immediately without skipping a beat. She stared at me with those soft eyes, they weren't piercing me tonight and that was when I see her pout. I just chuckle and shake my head as if telling her I was joking. "You've got to take it easy on the dancing, you're practically hurting my hands." I jokingly complain.

"And I thought you were concerned." She rolls her eyes at me, but I knew she was just being playful. "Well, you know, I think it's going to be an awesome number. You should come and watch me perform." She seemed shy when she said this.

"Honey, I'm in the production team. Of course, I'll be there." I chuckle, still massaging her feet. She then gave me this look and leaned in to plant a soft kiss on my cheek. It was a sweet and gentle gesture that made me smile. Not long after that, we ended up cuddling and falling asleep in her room. 

_____

The school festival is the main highlight of the school year, well, that's what the seniors say. Honestly, that was such a sad thing to hear and of course, I refused to believe so since I don't really think it's that big. It's just a school festival, right? But since the seniors were really 'passionate' about it, Tzuyu and I had to go check and run some stuff. We need to make sure that things will run smoothly because we're definitely the ones going to be scolded if an error occurs. 

"Promise me one thing." Tzuyu whispers as she's running through her checklist.

"I've promised you millions of things already and so far I haven't done any of them. Are you sure you want to proceed?" I jokingly ask her as I am checking on the light sequence.

"Stop cock-blocking me." She chuckles, I then turn my head to her and see her smiling. That's good, I guess? I've noticed she's quite good at masking her emotions. I could never be like her. "Just say play along, damn. You're such a drag." She rolls her eyes at me and of course, I smile at her and nod.

"Okay, what is it?" I ask her. We weren't really far from each other plus we were the only ones in the room so we can talk however loud we want since no one can hear us.

"Let's never volunteer to be in the production team next year, okay?" She chuckles while reading through her list.

"Are you sure you want to do that?" I asked her and that was when I saw this look on her face.

"You mean to want to volunteer for this shit again next year?" She sounded as if she couldn't believe what she was hearing. I just stare at her and smile.

"Oh my god, this thankless job? Hell no." I chuckle my heart out. "But like, think of it this way, we can boss the freshmen around next school year. Isn't that cool?" I chuckle and look at her for approval.

"Well, you're no different from Haesoo then." She looks disappointed at me and that was when she turned her attention to her work again.

"Oh jeez, you don't know how jokes work." I roll my eyes at her . "Besides, we'd still be in this club next year. The seniors are graduating and we're basically the ones next in line. We can't just quit." I told her the truth and that was when I heard her sigh.

"I hate it here." She complains.

"You're not the only one sister." I reply immediately without skipping a beat while still checking on things that need to be ticked off.