25. Chipotle

"You've got a cute ass," Oliver murmured, unintentionally saying i allowed.

"I what?" Josh blushed, staring at Oliver in awe.

"Shit, I didn't mean to say that. I mean you do, I just-"

"Aw! Look at you, all flustered!"

"Shut up, asshat!"

Oliver picked Josh up, slinging the boy over his shoulder.

Josh squealed. "Let me go!" He slapped Oliver's back and squirmed, trying to be let free. Really, he was surprised at how easy Oliver as holding, while Oliver was surprised at how light the other man was.

How much had Josh been eating?

"Nope, we're going to Chipotle."

Josh bit his lip. Chipotle? The image of Chipotle's food in his head made him neausous.

"I'm not hungry."

"You're never hungry, but I am! At least let me pick at your food."

"Fine."

They sat outside. Josh picked apart his food; throwing rice and lettuce at the birds while Oliver ate both his and half of Josh's.

Josh was getting visibly paler, lighter, and seemingly weaker. Dan always seemed on edge around Josh, and Josh was spending more and more nights at Oliver's because he would fight with Dan.

But it wasn't Oliver's place to pry, right?

"The food's for you, not the birds," Oliver whined.

"Yeah, but I'm not-"

"Hungry, I know. But I bought this for you!"

Immediately feeling guilty, Josh stared down at the food. It smelled so good. When was the last time he'd had Chipotle?

Why don't I give this up? I'll never be skinny.

But I can still try. Weak and dying is better than fat, and maybe death isn't so bad after all.

He didn't want to think like that, but the thoughts were impulsive and he couldn't stop them.

Josh took a bite, and another.

"I'll pack the rest up and eat it tonight, when I'm hungry."

Oliver frowned, but nodded and stood with Josh.

~ ~

"Can we get a bird?" Josh asked softly.

"What?" Oliver wheezed.

"I want a bird. They're sweet, small, and cute. Can we get one? Please?" Josh stuck out his bottom lip,

"Only for that cute face." Oliver leaned down to peck his lips, but Josh pulled him in for longer.

"I can't get enough of you," Josh muttered. "I love you."

Their foreheads pressed together, Oliver gritted his teeth. He wanted to say it back, he really did.

"It's alright love. I'd rather you say it back when you're ready." He pushed a strand of hair behind Oliver's ear. "I think we could both appreciate it more then."

"Okay."

"Now can we go to the pet store?" Josh squealed, ruining the romantic moment with his own childishness.

Oliver chcukled. "Sure."

~_~_~_~

short chapter but i'm hurrying this along so it wont be as many chapters as i thought

one? two? left?? at most three

oh yeah theres the epilogue

okay three chapters left :P

don't get too excited for a happy ending folks

that just ain't my style