19. Valley Fair

i am going to write this chapter
i will not allow myself to put this aside after this authors note

~_~_~_~

Josh had been helping Oliver through withdrawals the past two weeks. They never spoke of the kiss, what it meant, or what was next. Josh's biggest concern was Oliver and how he was, and Oliver's was getting through the cold and heat waves, neausea, and pain.

By now the worst was over. Oliver was tired, weak, and desperately craving the euphoric drugs, but he was able to be dragged out of the house by Josh.

"Where are we going?" Oliver asked in a quiet voice.

"It's a surprise!" Josh said cheerfully, flashing Oliver a smile. "You need to get out of the house, and I missed hanging out with you.. so.. Here we are!"

Josh pulled into the parking lot of Valley Fair.

"Seriously? Valley Fair?" Oliver stared out the front window in excitment. "I've always wanted to go."

Josh giggled. "Well come on then." Josh led Oliver to the front gate.

"Hey, I can pay for myself," Oliver stopped Josh.

Josh looked up at Oliver, sticking his tongue out. "I took you here, I pay." They cashed in and stood by the fountain, waiting.

"What are we waiting for again?" Oliver asked, antsy. He wanted to go on the rides, especially The Wave and The High Roller.

"Who are we waiting for," Josh corrected with a smile. On cue, Jordan, Tom, Dan, and-

"Matt?" Oliver ran up to the blonde man he hadn't seen since senior graduation and pulled him into a hug. "Damnit, you fuckass, it's been years!"

Matt laughed. "Not my fault you fell off the face of the earth after high school. Where have you been man?"

"Just ten minutes from home. I never really got far. What're you doing here?"

"A couple weeks ago I ran into Jordan and we've, uh, been talking." Matt scratched the back of his neck. "W-We're kind of a thing."

Oliver's jaw hung open. He would be lying if he said he wasn't jealous he could be in a relationship with another guy so easily. "Man, that- that's great! I'm happy for you."

"Well come on then, enough family reunions. I wanna ride Steel Venom," Tom interrupted.

The six checked in, starting their escapade at The Wave (as it was right by the entrance and Oliver begged and pleaded to go on.)

Josh screamed as their cart went down, latching on to Oliver's arm. Water envoloped them.

"Remind me why we went on that ride?" Dan grumbled once they stepped off.

"Because it's fun!" Oliver cheered. It was the first he'd smiled or laughed in weeks, and Josh had to admire him. He's so beautiful.

Unlike you.

"Steel Venom now? Please?" Tom pleaded, sticking his bottom lip out.

Josh glanced over at Oliver who was clearly distressed, and remembered his fear of heights. "You four can go on Steel Venom, me and Oli are gonna catch some food."

"Okay! Come on Dannie." Tom took Dan's hand and rushed off down the other direction, the two dripping water onto the cement.

With Josh and Oliver alone, Josh looked up at him. "So, you wanna get food or go on a different ride?"

"Uh, food. I'm a little hungry." He hadn't been able to keep much down the first week, and had slept the majority of the second. If he was able to eat and keep it in him, he would take advantage of that.

"Okay! Panda Express?" Josh smiled cheekily.

"Sure. Broccoli?"

"Sure."

~ ~

"I've uh, never gone on this ride," Dan admitted quietly to Tom, who sat next to him on the yellow ride.

"Seriously? You'll love it. Trust me," Tom said. "It's fucking amazing. At one point, it makes this noise and stopped for a second to make you think you the ride broke down."

"You like this ride?"

"Yeah! Hold on, it speeds off at the beginning, shocking you. It's fucking terrifying."

Once the employees checked everyone was locked in correctly, someone counted down. "Three, two, one." As Tom had said, the ride sped off, making everyone scream as they went up, fell back down and went up the other way.

Dan hadn't realized it, but he tightly gripped Tom's hand from the other seat while Tom screamed profanities and laughed.

"Again?!" Tom asked when they stopped. Dan shook his head, wide eyed. "Hm, okay. How about Renegade?"

It would be a long day.

~ ~

Dan and Tom had run off to go on a number of the scariest rides, while Matt and Jordan sat by the Snoopy statue sharing candy.

Jordan stuck his tongue out while Matt chucked a mini Twix in Jordan's mouth. Jordan smiled cheekily, earning a kiss from Matt.

"You're adorable," Jordan murmured.

"Awww, you're such a softy!"

"Hypocrite!"

Matt stung his tongue out and stole a piece of Jordan's Hersheys. "Oliver's looking good," he commented.

"Yeah, he's doing better."

"How are you? I remember how things were back in high school," Matt murmured.

"I'm better, far better. Out of that place."

"That's great, I'm glad." Matt took his hand, smiling.

"I missed you."

"I missed you too."

~ ~

"Open uup," Oliver teased, waving the fork filled with noodles in front of Josh.

Josh pouted looking away. "No!"

"Why not? I can't eat all of this on my own!"

"Because! There's broccoli."

"Joshie, please? I barely ever see you eat."

Josh looked away, pulling his knees up to his chest. He hadn't eaten in a few days. He was so close to his goal weight. And when he ate, he felt everyone watched him. He felt like a pig. Everyone judged him.

"Hey." Oliver lighlty pulled Josh's chin to look at him. "Whatever it is you're hiding, you can tell me. I'm here for you." Their hands inched closer, barely touching.

"I'm fine," Josh whispered.

Oliver scoffed. "I said that a thousand fucking times, and was it ever true?"

"I-"

"It's okay if you can't talk about it now. But, I'm always here. And please, talk to someone, try and open up. You.. mean a lot to me."

Josh bit his lip, smirking up at Oliver. "You're adorable," he chuckled. "I'm here for you too."

"Now, eat some fucking broccoli."

"Noo! The broccoli monster!"

~_~_~_~

I GOT A CHAPTER DONEEE IT'S BEEN NEARLY TWO WEEKS IM S OR R Y

vaguely pissed cus an ex-friend of mine is blaming me for something HE did and saying he had to go to court for it when-?? he didnt??? LMAO HES SO IMMATURE

anywyas ima finish watching cloudy wirh a chance of meatballs

apparentlt scrunchies existed in 2009