22. Cookies For Dan

be blessed, fuckers, i have motivation today and i'm gonna fucking write like i did during e learning

~_~_~_~

"Is everything alright?" Oliver pushed through the door into the kitchen of Josh's apartment. He'd texted minutes prior saying 'Come now. Emergency'

"No! It's Dan's birthday tomorrow and I forgot! He loves cookies, help me bake them? Please?" Josh begged.

"I- Of course. Just, Christ, don't scare me like that."

"Okay! So. I have everything we need.. Can you preheat the oven to 375 for me?" Oliver nodded, doing just that while Josh poured white sugar and brown sugar in the bowl and mixed them together.

"I think.. eggs were next?"

"You don't sound too sure." Oliver frowned. How could if a cook was Josh?

"Whatever. Pass me three eggs."

"Three?"

"You heard me"

Once handed the eggs, Josh cracked and poured them in. "Next.. butter."

"How much?"

"Stick and a half? Put it in the microwave for a few seconds."

They did. For too many. Half of it was melted by the time they took it out.

"Shit, I can grab a new one-"

"No need." Josh had already poured it in. "I'm sure it's fine."

It wasn't. The mixture was odd and wrong, but for the sake of Josh's pride he continued.

"Salt, baking powder, and vanilla extract." He put in a tablespoon of all three in, not realizing he was supposed to put in a teaspoon.

"Okay, flour next." Once handed to him, he opened the bag and tilted it-

It went everywhere.

The counter, the floor, Josh.

He sneezed, harshly rubbing his nose and running away from the mess of flour.

"Are you okay?" Oliver asked, panicky.

"Y-Yeah, just, need to wash up. What're you making that face for?" Josh frowned at Oliver's giggles.

"I-It's in your hair- You look cute."

"Fine, if I get flour, so do you." Josh brushed past Oliver and grabbed a handful of flour.

"Please, no, spare me!"

"No!" The flour exploded in the air, dusting over Oliver sprinkling in his hair like dust. He made a face, scrunching his nose, and sneezed.

Josh giggled, reaching for more, but Oliver beat him to it.

It was a war of grabbing flour and throwing it at one another. Until the entire floor was dusted with the stale powder and they were envoloped in it.

"Shit, the cookies for Dan."

Josh giggled. "It isn't his birthday tomorrow. I wanted an excuse to see you." He stood on his toes and pecked Oliver's nose.

"I would've come anyways, you didn't need an excuse," Oliver muttered meekly.

"Hm. Well, doesn't matter anymore. We've gotta clean up."

"Shit."

~_~_~_~

it's short but it's fluff and.. in a way.. some of the last fluff youll get

im ahead of schedule
not too many chapters left..