Chapter 56: EARTH

Începe de la început

I have been wrong about you, I thought I was strong without you.
For so long nothing could move me,
For so long, nothing could change me.

Now I feel myself surrender, each time I see your face.
I am staggered by your beauty, Your unassuming grace.
And I feel my heart is turning, falling into place.
I can't hide it, now hear my confession.

⚜️

While Ivar was lost in his own world, he hadn't noticed they arrived until they pulled to a stop and Nick informed him that they're here. He got out of the car and opened the door for Ivar. Surprised, Ivar stared at the man wide-eyed, getting out of the car and looking around.

-This is it? - He expressed with bewilderment. - That was pretty quick.

-Well, the address that the captain Arthur provided me with isn't too far from the airport, and the traffic wasn't too bad at this time of the day.

By the time they got here, it was a little past eight in the morning but felt as if it was much later since the weather was gloomy, and there was a heavy overcast in the sky, though it wasn't raining. The air was chilly, and pretty fresh, from all the wetness of the season. The trees were dressed in gold and amber hues of foliage, that was falling with each wave of the breeze, covering the ground with beautiful, golden-like carpet. Ivar carefully inspected the place, that was supposed to be Stacie's home, with his eyes. It was a strange place with a lot of very small buildings closely knit together, scattered through a little, park-like area, resembling a cute, little community town. Nickolas explained, that this little living accommodation was called apartments complex. Not everyone on Earth lived this way. It was just one of the hundreds of verity lifestyles on their planet. This little place here was pretty cramped up and strange, but at the same time, pleasant looking. There were few people pacing around the little pathways, some of which stopped to stare at a foreign stranger who just stepped out of a luxury car, escorted by someone who looked like a bodyguard to them.

-Miss Maclay lives in that building, up the stairs to the right. - Said Nick and returned to wait for him by the car.

Feeling anxious and desperately longing to see Stacie's face, with his heart beating fast, Ivar headed towards the building, where she lived. He reached the top of the stairs in a few quick strides and found himself standing in a small porch between two doors that were opposite each other.

"Nicholas said her door is the one to the right." Remembered Ivar and turned to it. He raised his hand to knock, then suddenly paused. "It's empty..." He realized. "I'm not sensing anyone's presence inside this place. Rather, I sense someone behind this other door..." Ivar turned to the opposite apartment. "Perhaps Nicholas was mistaken." He thought and taking a step to the other door, gave it a few lights taps with his knuckle.

Seconds later the door flung open, and an unfamiliar girl with short, curly brown hair and glasses gaped at him with a complete stupor, eyes wide and mouth drop open.

⚜️

It was Saturday, and Amy just woke about half an hour ago not having to go to college and was making herself some breakfast when there was a knock on her door. It surprised her a bit since she usually didn't get very many visitors.

"Man that girl's fast... She's back already?" Thinking it might be Stacie, she lazily shuffled to the door with a yawn, still feeling half asleep. She opened it and instantly was thrown into a world of a shock to see a tall, majestic, and unrealistically attractive man standing there. Suddenly she was very awake. "No way...." She gaped at him, wide-eyed and in a speechless stupor as she immediately recognized the unmistakable resemblance of those striking features. "Is that really him?! The man from Stacie's drawing?! H-he's here...?! Wow!"