Chapter 28 A Forbidden Love?

I was listening to Fireworks by Katy Perry while writing this. I just wanted to throw that out there?

- @Ashley_Bender

Daniel's POV

I stared at the ground smiling, thinking about my day. The air shimmered, and I thought it was a illusion or something. I remember that illusion that Joanna accidentally summoned, that giant dragon who was bent on eating us. I laughed softly, then realized in the shimmering air there was a face. My dad. The god of the sky appeared in the rainbow, and he started speaking, though not to me. He was smiling, and he seemed to be talking to Hera. Zeus looked at me apologetically, then whispered,

"Is it nighttime? There's something I need to tell you. I'm not your father, one of my relatives is, and he's-" He was interrupted by a loud sound, and for a second, he looked... Scared. Then Zeus sighed.

"Your father demands to let you know your birthday, father, and powers. And I will tell you who he his, after explaining." Stopped once more, Zeus looked annoyed.

"Why me? Your father broke the oath, along with the rest of us, to sire you, because he knew we all had broken the oath." I nodded, frowning. I was getting drowsy, and I kind of wanted to sleep and ignore Zeus, though he'd be mad at me. My mind was moving slowly, and the last thing I heard was my birthday was on the seventh of July, in the year '94.

The morning came quickly, and I sat up, remembering what seemed liked a dream. Today was the... I'd have to ask Richard soon. I'd forgotten, and he was a living calendar.

Then I'd thought about the Iris message. What god would break the oath if the others had? Hades? No, because when I was born, the gods haven't heard of the others.... The other children of the oldest three gods. I thought about what each of our families had told us about Greek mythology, and came to a conclusion.

"Daniel!" I looked up from where I was sitting on my bed. Rich (Richard's nickname) was looking at a piece of paper he held in his hand, and he passed it to me. The paper was a letter reading:

Daniel,
You are in danger. The river Styx is after you because of me breaking the oath. I'm sorry, but I love you, which will make life harder for you.
Please read this, you have no idea how much trouble you'll be in.

-Your father, a ruler of a vast kingdom.

I hoped that he would reveal himself, but that makes it harder. A "vast kingdom"? All of the oldest three had a vast kingdom, but Zeus himself told me that he was not my godly parent. This was a mystery I just had to solve.

Rebekah's POV

I thought last night and dream I had, the one the Titans gave me as a warning. I had to leave, but in the middle of the night, it was hard without waking someone up. I'd walked outside the building, but then Richard followed me.

"Hey, Rebekah, whatcha doing?" I spun around on my heel and leveled my sword at his chest. Based on his expression, he still didn't trust me, and was probably thinking I was going to mess up his family. I could, I was a traitor.

"J-just going for a walk." Richard didn't seem convinced. "I-I had a demigod nightmare." He relaxed a little.

"Oh," he breathed out. "So, can I walk with you?" I nodded. "I'll show you around, but after you put down your sword." Richard laughed a little. I realized I was still holding my sword, and I sheathed it. I'd taken my sword outside in case of monsters and I'm not so sure I should've brought my sword along. After all, I'd almost skewered Richard here.

He showed me the forest around the building, and he removed the illusion around the building.

"See, me and Joanna are full siblings, and Daniel was an only child," Richard explained on the beach, sitting next to me. "Josh was an orphan, and we all met in this forest," Richard gestured to the forest behind us. "When we all ran away. We decided, since there was no such thing as a coincidence, we were destined to meet. We're a family," He stared intensley at the sea. "The truth is," Rich hesitated. "We don't get claimed. We just assumed Joanna and I were children of Hecate since we have an unnatural skill for magic." He brushed his blonde hair out of his face.

"Can I tell you something?" I nodded, and my heart jumped. I felt an irresistable urge to smile.

"What?" He looked confused a little. "Was it something I said?" I shook my head, then laughed. I barely choked out, "Go on with your story!"

"Okay, but I'm still confused. Seriously, was it something I said?"

"N-no, it's just me." I smiled and looked into his eyes, which were dark green, my favorite color. I might've accidentally sighed.

"The other day we went shopping, and we used Mistform money by accident, and when we handed to him, I summoned all Mistforms, just then, the money disappeared. The look on the clerk was hilarious! I wish you were there." Rich took my hand, maybe by accident, maybe on purpose, and smiled at me. We both sat there, smiling at each other, then it got awkward.

"Uh, whoops, um..." Rich and I withdrew our hands and I blushed, looking down.

"So, um, let me show you around the building, then, uh, the, uh, inside." Richard stood up and stretched. I didn't look, for fear love might get me even more. I had to leave this family no matter what, and I knew it wouldn't be good to get attached to one of their members, as I was a traitor and I would get torn.

Richard's POV

I went back to bed, thinking how wonderful my night was. I couldn't help but start to fall for Rebekah, the girl who I caught outside and suspected of being a danger to my only home, my only family, became my love after a few hours of getting to know her.

Why don't I listen to my first instinct?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ugh... I think I'm getting lovey-dovey here. Anyways, this is the last chapter of the book, my next book will be called either
1) Traitors In The Underworld
2) Death Shall Lose A Love
Or if you have another title which is actually good, please comment!