Chapter 21 Memories, Horrible Memories

Annabeth's POV

Watching Ashley die reminded me of how my friends died. All my other friends, Leo, Piper, Jason... Most of all, Percy. the memory was to painful, but I couldn't stop it. I fell to my knees as I relived my memories.

"Annabeth, please! I can't lose you too!" The bodies of Piper, Jason, Frank, and Hazel lay on the ground, crushing me under grief. If Leo was dead, I'd lose it. He'd just come back, as lively as ever, then immediately called to save this school. It would be my fault everyone I knew was dead. I'd convinced them to come, now they were paying for it.

Suddenly a knife, one as black as Stygian Iron, was thrust at me, and I instinctively jumped back.
Percy had disappeared, but I was busy fighting an invisible opponent to notice. When I'd finally defeated her, she was revealed. A girl with long brown hair, and light blue eyes, like Thalia's. I gasped. I thought she was a monster, but she was human - or a demigod.
She was dying, and there was nothing I could do. I didn't have ambrosia or nectar. Percy was gone. As that sunk in, I started to cry.
I decided to try to think positive. At least Leo was still alive, right? My hopes were dashed when a scream came from down below. I raced downstairs, hoping I could save at least one person but myself. I noticed flowers and herbs blooming. I felt tears coming into my eyes. I hoped Grover was still alive. "Perrrcccyyyy!"
A growl, and a shout. I finally made it. Leo was on the floor, and Grover had a gash across his stomach. Leo had fire in his hair and hands, and he was laying in a pool of blood. A growl came from behind me, and a manticore came dashing out of the shadows. I grabbed my drakon ivory sword and slashed at the manticore. It roared at me, and a flash of fire incinerated it. I turned, shocked. "Leo!" He was still alive, Grover feeding him ambrosia.

I was pulled out of my memories, and there was Malcom.
"Annabeth, are you all right?" No response.
"Will, can you heal her?"