Chapter 7 What the-?!

Ashton's POV

        I slept in the Hades cabin last night, because believe it or not, my grandfather was a son of Hades, and grandmother daughter of Poseidon, which made me descended from Poseidon and Hades. This was explained by Chiron, since he knew my grandparents and parents. (There - the explanation. Was it too straightforward?)

        That's why I was shocked yesterday. I got the explanation from Nico last night, and, I couldn't sleep. The memory... it kept resurfacing. The memory of my fathers - or the Mistery - just kept me awake all night. I couldn't sleep with all these thoughts in my head, so I walked out. Sigh... Such a bad idea... But it wasn't past curfew... or so I guessed...

Nico's POV

        I was in the middle of a dream where I was standing, unable to do anything, to breathe, while I watch a girl struggling against shadows... Was I controlling them? I did start to feel tired. The girl started yelling some incomprehensible words, and with a start I recognized the voice. A scream filled the camp, and I woke, and ran straight out of my cabin, towards the scream. I didn't even realize one of the beds were empty. Black knives shredded my sleeves, and I ran faster. I stopped, and I saw it.

        Ashton was laying on the ground, curled, sobbing, and bleeding. Harpies circled her, and there was no way I was letting them eat my new friend. I grabbed her and dragged her all the way to our cabin. I gripped her shoulders and looked at her with concern. "Are you okay?" She shrugged, then winced. "I'll take that as a no. Let's get you to the infirmary. And next time, do not go outside past curfew. I'm not going to save you next time." She looked confused.

Andy's POV

        Breakfast was great! The pancakes, the whipped cream, the syrup, yum! I just couldn't help but eat 5 servings. Nico looked like he wanted to laugh, and Ashley kept scolding me.

        "Andy, if you eat too much, you're going to get a stomachache!" I smiled sheepishly. I looked over at the Poseidon table and saw Percy and his Cyclopes brother Tyson. I realized that Tyson was like, a granduncle or something to me, because of Poseidon's blood in my grandmother. Ashley refused to tell me why exactly she looked like a zombie. Messy hair, pale, blood a few places. That's at least what I envision a zombie to be, anyways. Ashley said "it was a matter of nightmares", which didn't cover anything that had to do with the blood. I'd have to figure it out after archery practice. Is this going to be what life is forever?