Chapter 23 The Prophecy Comes At Last

Rebekah's POV

Green light filled the room. My vision blurred, and my head pounded. Where - my head felt like it was hammered hard. Red liquid trickled down my face. I tried to remember what happened... An Iris message. I remembered seeing an Iris message, and it showed a boy with brown hair and a girl with blue eyes and caramel hair, streaked with blue. They were talking to a guy in a leopard skin cape..?

All I could do was breathe. Erick was there, as my pillow. I could barely get up, and I gasped in horror. Erick was holding his gun, and was on the floor, barely breathing. Blood flowed from his stomach, and I felt silent tears roll down my cheek.

If I was awake, I could've prevented this. I could've fought the monster who did this. I looked around. There was a small kitten on the floor, looking at me with sadness in his eyes. Suddenly it yowled, and I covered my ears.

"In here! I can hear her!" A small boy ran into the room. Footsteps rang in the hallway. A group of a girl and two boys ran to the small boy.

"Are you okay?"

Nico's POV

I attacked the bars in a craze. Ashton was like a sister to me, and I couldn't lose a third one. I had to get to her, and I had to try to help.

Andy touched my shoulders, and I felt myself relax a little. I looked at his year-stricken face, and I realized he was still nine. No matter how tall he was, how he acted, he was still nine, just trying to be like Ashley.

He hugged me, and I didn't recoil. I hugged him back. He was the only family I had here.

Percy looked uncomfortable with us hugging, then frowned.

"Nico?"

Annabeth's POV

It was a few days after the memory, and I'm still recovering. I took a swing with my drakon-ivory sword and hit the dummy so hard it flew halfway across the arena.
"Percy -" I cringed. He was gone. I remembered. He lost me, I lost him. I couldn't get him back with all the jewels in the world. The air shimmered, and a ballpoint pen and a note fell out of the air.