Introduction

Beep beep beep

Beep beep beep

The alarm shreiked in my ears, startling me awake. I slapped the snooze and slowly rolled out of bed. Shuffling to the kitchen, I slowly start to gain consciousness. I start the coffee maker and put a toaster streusel into the toaster. After breakfast, the rest of the day goes by achingly slow. I spend the next few hours cleaning the apartment, shopping for groceries, and making lunch. Now I sit in front of the TV watching NCIS, when a preview for a new show comes onto the screen. The words read...

"In 2 months...

Be prepared...

To enter...

The Murder House!!!"

On the screen, an old LA Victorian house appears. It has a creppy look to it, hence the name Murder House, I suppose.

I finish off my sandwich and look at the carpet in wonder. It was just one of those vague commercials. It doesn't even say what the show is about yet or who will be in it.

I shrug, rinse my dishes and put them in the sink. I head to my room and put on a new outfit I had bought the other day out shopping with my older sister, Vera. I looked at the receipt. In black sharpie it read...

"Thanks for shopping at Forever 21, Taissa! An extra 40% off, just for you!"

I smiled. Guess its a good thing my aunt works there. She gives me discounts all the time.

I put on the black skinny jeans, a maroon crop top with black lacing and my black leather jacket. I throw on a little make up, my black fedora, and grab my sunglasses and keys as I head out the door.

As I pull up to the club, my phone rings from my purse. I click the answer button and hold it to my right ear...

"Hello?"

"Hi, is this Taissa Farmiga?"

"Yes. Yes it is." I reply hesitantly.

"We've been trying to get a hold of you for weeks now! This is Brad Falchulk. I'm calling to see if you're interesting in working with us on a new show on FX. Its called American Horror Story: Murder House."

Instantly, my jaw dropped. My mind flashed back to the small television screen in my small apartment that read those words just hours before. I smile giddily unable to speak.

"So...would you be interested?"

"Of course! Yes, I would!" I exclaim. I sit in my car in awe looking around me. I don't want to go inside the club now. I need to get back home.

"Alright." Brad replies, laughing at my excitement. "We start practice and filming in a couple days. Sorry for the late notice. It took us a while to reach you. But I'm certainly glad all the searching was worth it! We'll see you in a few days."

"Okay. Thank you so much!" I replied trying to stay calm, which under the circumstances was VERY hard to do.

"No. Thank YOU." Brad replied before hanging up.

I put my phone back into my purse. Brad was gonna email me the address for where the cast will be meeting for a "pre-filming party" he called it. I was so excited to see who I would get to work with. I was gonna be on TV! And I would get paid. And I would have fans and go to premiers and parties.

But I told myself I had to slow down.
Just take this one day at a time, Taissa. I told myself. I took a deep breath and pulled away from the club and back to my apartment, to begin my future as a star on American Horror Story.