Just a Dream

Go read my new story Trap Queen! Leave votes and comments.

C h a p t e r 1 2 - Just a Dream

Open my eyes yeah, it was only just a dream -Just a Dream x Nelly

Monique Dash.

I woke up from my deep slumber due to the constant bouncing on my bed. Slowly opening my eyes I saw my seven year old son jumping on my bed.

"Mom! Mom! Wake up! It's Christmas! Wake up!" He chanted while bouncing.

"Okay, okay. I'm getting up now." I said sitting up. "Can mommy take a shower first?"

He sighed dramatically. "No mommy we have to open presents! Come on!"

I laughed. "Okay Zae. Give mommy a second."

I went into the bathroom to brush my teeth and wash my face. When I was finished I walked out of the bathroom and saw Zaelyn still bouncing on my bed.

"You better stop before you fall and hurt yourself." I said.

He stopped and jumped off the bed.

"Come on I wanna see what Santa got me!" He said running out of my room.

While Zaelyn was opening his presents I got a text from his dad.

When you bringin Zae over?

I rolled my eyes then replied.

When he's done .

It's bad enough that Zaelyn is gonna be over there for the rest of winter break, but now his dad has the audacity to rush me? No. I'm gonna spend quality time with my son, then when we're done I'll take him over there.

Hurry up tho. He needs to get over here before we start taking pictures.

I read the text then didn't reply. Once Zae finished opening his presents I went to the kitchen and started on breakfast while Zae played with his new toys. I made sure to keep the breakfast light since Zae was most likely going to eat again at his dad's house.

"Zae come eat." I said sitting his plate on the table.

He came to the table with two action figures in his hands and sat down.

"You know the rules, no toys at the table." I scolded him.

He made a puppy dog face that gets me every time.

"Please mommy? It's Christmas."

I playfully rolled my eyes. "Okay then Zaelyn."

After we ate I laid around for a little watching tv while Zae played with his toys.

My phone started vibrating and Y.A.S by Trey Songz started playing which let me know that Micheal was calling.

"Yes?" I answered.

"Monique you need to bring Zae over. It's almost 12 o'clock!" I heard Micheal say. He sounded very impatient.

"And?"

"And it's Christmas and my son needs to be here with the rest of my family." He replied smartly.

I laughed sarcastically. "That hoe ain't your family."

"She's my wife Monique, get over it."

"Whatever. I'll bring him over soon."

"Not soon, now." He pressed.