Jennifer

Thanks for all the love! My bad, I was doing homework and I totally forgot about the update.

Uhh.. just have your life together before you read this.

Sowwy in advance!

C h a p t e r 34: Jennifer

I want you to know this pain is real
I wish I could show you how I feel -Jennifer x Jodeci

(My favorite song ❤)

Michael Bradford.

2 weeks later...

I lied.

I lied when I told Monique I didn't want a relationship with her. I want that. I want her.

I want my family to be together.

I think I messed that chance up when I let her walk out the door eight years ago.

I'm not gonna give up though, I know she has a husband right now but I can tell just by how easily she let's me in that their relationship doesn't stand a chance against me.

The sooner her dude realizes that, the better.

As the whole scene went down two weeks ago, I slipped out when I heard the yelling die down. When I went in the hallway I didn't see Monique, she probably went after him. I don't know.

I let myself out and didn't hear from Monique for a week. I didn't call her because I know she needed a little space. She finally called me on Sunday saying that she wanted to meet for lunch on Saturday, today.

I was cool with it. Like okay whatever, just lunch. But then she said to bring Zae and that she was bringing her dau-- I mean our daughter Yanae.

That's when I got hype and nervous.

When Zaelyn and I got to the restaurant they weren't there yet. I just sat there prepping myself to meet my daughter.

Monique Carter.

I finally know what it feels like to be ignored by the one you love. I know what it's like to apologize time after time. I know what it's like to call time after time in the hopes of them answering.

Basically, I know what it was like for Michael eight years ago now.

Jonathan ignored me for a whole week, technically he's still ignoring me now. The difference is for that week he didn't talk to me at all. Even when it came to Yanae, he'd just drop her off at his sister Jonica's house then Jonica would call me and I'd come get Nae.

I hate this.

Just the beginning of this week he started somewhat talking to me but it would only concern Yanae though.

That day when I saw how hurt Yanae was, it hurt me. If I could rewind time I'd avoid all of this, starting with the kiss at the party.

I don't know what Jonathan said to her to explain what happened, but it worked. She didn't mention it and wasn't acting weird towards me.

I took the initiative to go ahead and introduce Michael and Yanae today. I was just going to introduce him as "mommy's friend". I also told Michael to bring Zaelyn so it won't be awkward.

Once we got to the restaurant they were already there.

"Zae!" Yanae said running towards the table. They shared a hug while I said hello to Michael.

Once I got a glimpse at Zaelyn's head my eyes almost popped out of my head.

"What the hell happened?" I asked turning him around. His usual short fro was cut down to a fade, then in the back of his head his hair was cut to form the words "I'm just 8".