Chapter Thirty-Four

'I've been growing old,
I've been growing up,
I'm a know it all,
I don't know enough'

'I've been growing old,I've been growing up,I'm a know it all,I don't know enough'

Chapter 34

Ziggy's POV:

Out of all the activities I thought I would be involved in today, wandering through a dark cave was not one of them.

I had received a call from Alaric (who had been instructed by Damon to inform me on the current Scooby Gang mystery because we were still not on talking terms), which had led to me now inhaling the damp air of this underground fortress. Mason had started to show Damon the contents of what was inside, until the vampire wasn't able to go any further and the werewolf vanished into the dust. Thus, leaving me crammed in the narrow walkways of the cave alongside Ric, Elena and Aura.

Let me just list of a thousand places I would rather be...

"So, the Lockwoods really have no idea that these tunnels are underneath their property?" Elena whipped her light around the darkness.

I shone my luminous hues around the area surrounding me, using my supernatural abilities to enhance my vision, allowing myself to see any unwanted disturbances should it happen. My ears pricked with the flapping wings of bats, but nothing out of the ordinary yet.

"Yeah. Careful where you shine that thing," Ric warned. "Bats hate the light."

"Yeah, I can hear some of them complaining that you're disrupting their naps," My sister told us, bright silver, marble orbs lit up like mine as she faced Elena.

"Wait, what?"

I processed her sentence in my mind, reeling over what exactly just passed off her tongue. I'm sure she just implied that she could speak to animals, or hear their thoughts. I'd never gone over her powers, but that's some next level crazy.

Better not say it out loud. Nothing to see here.

"Boo!" A dark figure emerged from the shadows, gripping my shoulders and frightening me in the midst of my reverie.

I jumped back with a shout of alarm, panic flooding in me and readying myself into a defensive stance until I set my sights on Damon who was laughing hysterically at the obviously funny (to him) expression I bore. My scared gaze rapidly turned into an angry glare.

I shoved him stormily. "That's not funny, Damon."

"Not to you, maybe, it was hilarious to me," He wiped a fake tear, calming down his incessant laughter. "That's what you get for lying."

"Oh, build a bridge and get under it, you troll," I scoffed, sick of the subject he was hell bent on dragging on forever.

"Excuse me?" He huffed.

"You are excused," I grinned animatedly, pressing a hand to his chest to shove him to the wall roughly so I could move past him and on with our journey. The sooner I was out of here, the better.