Chapter Twenty-Eight

'I let my teardrops fall, while the world's falling apart
I keep dancing by myself, with the nightlight on
Wake me when its over'

'I let my teardrops fall, while the world's falling apartI keep dancing by myself, with the nightlight onWake me when its over'

Chapter 28

Ziggy's POV:

I sat at the table with my chin in my palm, trailing my fingers along the shiny wood surface in canon style. I'd been sat in the position for a while now, consumed by my thoughts. Today I was meeting Colette, and my feelings were all mixed up in a pile of butterfly's fluttering in my belly.

We had the exact location of the werewolves, curtesy of magic, the transitioning body of Ray still dead, curtesy of magic, and the place where I was to meet 1/4 Moirai in less than half an hour.

She had 'scheduled' the meeting in Knoxville which was where we were now. It would only take us 10 minutes to get to the address, and would leave enough time for us to trek up the Smokey Mountains in time to make Klaus' hybrids. Everything was panning out perfectly, almost too perfect.

"Are you ready to go?" Klaus' voice boomed from behind me. When I didn't respond, he came to sit next to me. "Are you okay?"

Pushing his uncommon niceness to the side, I lifted my head from its position, stating the obvious. "I'm worried. After this, what do I do then?"

"Whatever you want, is the short answer," Klaus shrugged. "But I guess it's not as easy as that when you probably have reason to go back to Mystic Falls."

"Nothing's ever easy," I rolled my eyes, standing up. "Where's Stefan?"

There was this bad feeling brewing inside me; I just knew something was going to go wrong. Up to now, all roads had led to the same dead end. I would be stupid to believe that this could actually be it- that I could finally understand who I truly am. The book gave away so much, with parts ripped away, missing, and I craved to know every last bit.

"He's outside."

"Then, let's go," I stood up. "If I wait any longer, I'll talk myself out of going.

As Klaus said, Stefan was stood leaning on the passenger side door. When I came into his view, he straightened up, clearing his throat. He must have saw the perturbed expression I held because he immediately put an arm around my shoulder to bring me into a quick embrace.

He pulled away, but left a lingering touch on my shoulder. "Everything'll be okay. I'll be right outside if you need me."

I gave an understanding nod and, without a word, hopped in the car, driving to my destiny.

The ride had been painstakingly long, and excruciatingly slow all at the same time. Alas, within 10 minutes, we had arrived in front of an average sized house on a quiet street.

No lights were on in the house which normally wouldn't be weird as it was a bright morning, but my powers tingled at my fingertips, warning me of danger. It seemed awfully silent, you'd believe no one was in. When I listened for movement in the house, I heard nothing, confirming my suspicions.