Chapter Twenty-One

'Looks like a girl, but she's a flame
So bright, she can burn your eyes
Better look the other way'

'Looks like a girl, but she's a flameSo bright, she can burn your eyesBetter look the other way'

Chapter 21

Third Person:

Elena and Bonnie ran away from where Ziggy was dealing with Klaus, but not before hearing part of their conversation. It confused them both to no end that the original wasn't trying to hurt the trybrid. However, they had no time to question it as they bolted down the schools hallways, Bon slamming doors shut with her magic.

Eventually, they stopped, heaving out breathes dramatically until Damon came into view. His eyes scanned them both, and when he didn't see Arabella with them, he grew worried.

"What's happened?" The eldest Salvatore asked, concern still etched on his face.

Elena huffed out another puff of air. "Klaus is in Alaric's body."

"What?" Damon nearly shouted. He walked closer to them, ready to ask where Ziggy was and go find her until Bonnie continued speaking.

"He's possessing it or something," the Bennett shook her head.

"Where is Ziggy?" He questioned. Guilty faces washed over the girls like a shower. "Please tell me you did not leave her alone with that psychopath," his voice was hard, filled with anger. When they both couldn't look at him, it fueled his rage further. He turned to Elena. "Go find Stefan. Now."

Elena ran off upon hearing his serious tone. The two left behind conjured up a plan, one that only they would know. Bonnie was going to cast a spell that would make it seem like she was dead; that way, Klaus wouldn't keep coming after her to try kill her because he'd believe he's already done it. When they'd finalized the ruse, Damon hurriedly went off to find Ziggy.

He went back to where Bonnie had said they left the trybrid and the original fighting. When he found no sight of her, his alarm only increased. Her whereabouts were causing a perturbing feeling to protrude in the pit of his stomach. That was until he caught sight of her long brown hair around a corner; she was propped up against some lockers, as if with some ounce of care.

His feet immediately raced over to her, and he lifted her into his arms, beginning to make his way back to his house when Elena and Stefan came upon him.

Stefan's eyes instantly landed on the girl that was held in his brothers arms. Her skin looked more grey than a vampires should for her to be only temporarily dead.

"Is she okay?" he gasped in panic.

"What happened to her?" Elena rose a hand to her mouth, guilt caressing her. "Where's Bonnie?" she continued when she didn't see the Bennett.

Damon stared down at the Zieglar girl affectionately. "I'm taking Arabella home. Bonnie is doing what she has to do."

Elena began fretting, shouting at Damon's retreating figure, but he left her questions unanswered as he walked away with Ziggy. He knew the plan was underway. He would have to explain everything to the others once it was all over, so Elena's reaction was authentic. Right now, though, his main priority was getting the girl in his arms back to the boarding house and to safety.