Chapter Thirty-Two

'You'll shuffle through faces,
like songs on your playlist
Until fate brings you home,
I'll wait through your phases'

'You'll shuffle through faces,like songs on your playlistUntil fate brings you home,I'll wait through your phases'

Chapter 32

Ziggy's POV:

Back in Mystic Falls after a summer filled with a egotistical British hybrid d!ck sounded lovely now he was out of town. That was, until school was mentioned which is pretty much an all-around hell on earth, disguised as an educational environmental to trick students.

Dramatic, yes, but I was being forced to attend by Caroline when the idea alone made me exhausted, never mind actually turning up.

Alas, this was an experience she wanted to have (more specifically with me involved is what she said), and I totally understood it with her being a vampire. So, I sucked up my ticked off nature for the Forbes, because she was my best friend and she also gave me no choice when she dragged me out of bed this morning.

Here I was, stood outside the high school, biting back my groans of distain, refraining from mocking the excited students passing between us as Elena and Bonnie spotted the two of us and wandered over. They stopped when they neared us, all staring at the building amongst the chaotic teenagers flittering around it, hugging the people they hadn't seen in a while with huge smiles.

"Here we are," Caroline cited happily. "Senior year."

"Yay," I tried to say as enthusiastically as I could, most definitely over doing it with the amount of faux enthusiasm it dripped.

"Anyone else think it should feel slightly more empowering?" Bonnie placed her hands on her hips, turning her head to face us girls with mixed-emotions shining in her expression.

"Meh, it got boring for me after the 12th time for me," I examined my nails, letting out a huge yawn to which earned me a glare from the blonde vampire that had taken me hostage to attend this with her.

"Ok," She huffed, preparing a Care-esque speech that was bound to cheer even the moodiest (me) of people up. "So prank night was a bust. But we are accepting it, and we are moving on," she pumped a fist for effect, beginning to walk inside, allowing us to follow in her steps.

"You're right," Bonnie agreed, shrugging her shoulders, but I sensed the joke in her tone. "I mean, why should I let the fact that my boyfriend is seeing the ghost of his dead girlfriends hinder this experience?"

"Yes!" Caroline motioned widely with her hands. "And why should I let the fact that my boyfriend was turned into a hybrid put a damper on an otherwise fabulous day?"

I snorted on a laugh at the two, enjoying that they could see the bright side of the situation, until Elena spoke and stopped the sound of joy leaving my lips.

"Today's our anniversary," The doppelganger stopped walking, us doing the same, a solemn frown stretched on her face. "Technically, Stefan and I met on the first day of school last year."